Subject Author Posted Replies

MITER TRIMMER
I've been thinking about purchasing a miter trimmer. I've seen the Woodtek, and also copies of the Lion on ebay. Anyone have any thoughts or other options. thanks, -nick

How Does Pledge Lemon Spray Affect Wood Finish?
I am in the process of finishing up a "refinishing" dinning table. I am trying to wait for a coat of poly to become fully cured before I sand it one more time and apply the last thich coat of poly on...
14
14

bracketless shelf??
I have a 10" shelf 3/4 stock and am going to fasten it to a 1x2 then fasten the 1x2 to the wall Does anyone have any idea what weight it will hold
6
6

drill press - who makes a good one?
May be replacing my Delta 17-990 drill press. The run out is terrible and the service guy spent 3 hours trying to remedy the situation to no avail. On top of which, he found a lot of bolts/nuts loose....
17
17

Got My Clamps!
I just received a UPS delivery from Rockler with 8 brand new 10" wooden hand-screw clamps. My thanks to the original poster for the heads-up on the Rockler sale. You cant beat the price - about $4.00...
14
14

Interesting Solution for a Recall
Workbench magazine has a small corner section on Tool Recalls, i.e. tools being recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission. The latest (December 2006) contains one that falls under the...
8
8

What's happening to our floors?
Our house has pre-finished tongue and groove maple floors. It's solid 3/4", not the 3/8" plywood stuff. There's a stain on top with some sort of clear finish, probably polyeurethane. The problem is...
10
10

Re: Drawers without slides - Update
Earlier in the week I contacted the fine folks who run the historic building, and this morning they were gracious in allowing me all the time I needed to photograph the wooden drawer slide method...

Woodtek 10" Jointer
Just got a new Woodworkers Supply catalog and found the 10" jointer. I know there has been a significant amount of interest lately in the affordability and desirability of 8" jointer. This 10" jointer...
1
1

STERN-WHEELER
do not have the huge amout of faith needed to be an Atheist. http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/02/reports/2002/12/sternwheeler.gifJOAT

Grizzly TS stop switch
I love my Grizzly TS, except for the off switch. It is just too small and take a fair amount of focus to turn the saw off. I have noticed that the newer saws have LARGE OFF switches. I would love to...
2
2

How do you inlay a pointed object?
Hello, all you inlay folk- I've looked at books and websites, and done a little inlaying of single letters in hardwood, but I haven't been able to find out how to do a particular thing: inlay shapes...
2
2

Screws: Cut vs. Rolled Thread?
McFeeley's offers two types of brass screws: cut thread and rolled thread. Fasteners->Screws->Flat Head->Brass inquired at McFeeley's site using their online form asking for them to contrast the two...
13
13

Hawaii, boxes and books
Just returned from Oahu, Hawaii. Stayed with my daughter that lives there to save mega $$ in hotel costs. I was in a high end gift shop in Waikiki. They have some stunningly beautiful boxes made of a...
18
18

Ping Nailshooter
I'd like to ask you a question if you could e-mail me. I have lost your address. Leave out the removespam. Thanks Leon
2
2