Subject Author Posted Replies

Best saw to cut plywood for furniture
I am building a desk from plywood, 1/2" and 3/4". I used a table saw and circular saw to rough cut after I marked the layouts on the boards, leaving about a 1/4" extra on each side. I'm trying to get...
23
23

veneer to sell
I have this veneers to sell: cherry, oak, maple, makore figure, walnut, beech, mahogany. I have many sequence sheet. Sheet size: 6" to 25" long x 3" to 15" wide. If you are interested, I can send a...

Wixey Digital Planer Gauge
Hello, I'm looking for some feedback on the Wixey Digital Planer Gauge that Woodcraft is currently selling for $44.99 until Jan. 31st. Pros or cons? It would be used on a Delta 22-580 planer. Thanks...
5
5

Delta bandsaw motor replacement
A neighbor gave me a Delta model 28-185 band saw that the start capacitor was burned up on. He had removed it and no longer has it. I took the info off the motor and got a start capacitor from an...
14
14

Thanks for who ever started the Akeda thread
Curiousty made me check it out, lust made me buy it. But for $400 this is the bomb for dovetail and box joints. Mark (sixoneeight) = 618
2
2

Finish for indoor and outdoor Cypress???
I am wondering what people who have finished Cypress, have used for a stain or finish. I am planning on using Cypress for a bathroom vanity, and some outdoor furniture. Any suggestions? Please...
6
6

tung over danish oil?
Hello all, I've changed the horse in midstream. After applying one coat Watco to Butternut inset panels (because I like the darkened look) on a Walnut-framed bookcase and final assembling, I decided...
13
13

How to refinish red oak windowsills
Our red oak windowsills that are about 16 years old are in need of a refinish. The wood is black in some parts which maybe due to the moisture from the windows. Do I sand the wood until the black...
4
4

Lining a Speaker Cabinet
We are building an entertainment unit for a client. He designed it himself and did a nice job. He wanted the boxes that hold the speakers to be lined with MDF. Now that we have built the unit we have...
23
23

Miter Saw Jig Question?
I'd been planning on making a saw sled and using that, but seems my saw just doesn't stay aligned like it should. Get the blade all aligned with the miter slot, and not too long later, instead of a...
2
2

Neil Diamond Is Smarter Than Me
I was thinking about the Republican Wall, and then I listened to Neil, again. Who has the better sense of what we are? Regards, Tom Watson tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
2
2

fix 3x21 belt sander tracking
A dowel accidentally jammed in my 3x21" Ryobi belt sander and it won't track properly now. The drive roller took a beaten, so I took it apart to clean and to examine any damage. Unfortunately, it...
1
1

The value of a planer (a story).
The following is the story of a newbee to wood working, so take it as you may. Want cheap nice wood to play with and learn with? Get a power thickness planer. I got very bored playing with chunks of...
8
8

Pinewood Derby
The first year we followed all the rules and came in third. My observation was that there was a little more parent involvement than what the rules called for. The second year we had my boy design and...
41
41

indy woodworking show
Did anyone go to the Indianapolis show? I went today and missed a good deal on the rigid contractor table saw. They were selling them for 339.00 Of course they were sold out when I got there
1
1