Subject Author Posted Replies

another sharpening question
After having just read a thread from yesterday regarding sharpening, I have another question. People keep talking about touching up the micro bevel, but isn't it true (I'm just checking to make sure I...
6
6

BLO and Thinner
I mixed some blo and thinner in a glass fruit jar. Is it safe to put a tight lid on this and keep it in a cool dark place or will it build up pressure and blow up? I think it should be fine but SWMBO...
6
6

Rikon 14" recall
anyone affected by the rikon 14"bandsaw recall? (i dont know the reason for the recall ....i had one order from woodcraft and the new ones are due in at the end of feb
5
5

Dust collection parts source?
I'm looking for a source ( online ) for 4" and 6" pipe + fittings ( metal ) for my dust collection system. Any suggestions? Any ideas? Thanks!
4
4

Veneering technique
So far I haven't tried to veneer, preferring the "smug satisfaction" of solid wood. But I plan to make some cigar humidors which require that the interiors be veneered with cedar. When it comes to...
4
4

What is "natural" stain? How to dispose of old oil stain?
A friend is moving out of town and doesn't want to take his accumulation of stains with him. Included is a quart of Minwax "Natural". Is that just oil, or what? Some of the stuff he gave me has...
10
10

How to hook up a dust collector in this circumstance.
Hi, I need a bit of help with hooking up a dust collector. As it stands right now my ducts will run in an 'L' pattern, 10' on each length. The DC will be where the 10' lengths meet. I'm using spiral...
6
6

Upgrading the motor on Delta 14" Bandsaw (Model 28-276)
I have a Delta 14" Bandsaw, Model 28-276 and was wondering if it's possible to upgrade the motor on this model to something stronger, either 1.5 or 2 HP. Does anyone have any experience doing this on...
9
9

compressor problem
This morning my compressor stopped working. The motor hums, but it's not making the appropriate comressor noises that normally accompany that. The compressor in question is a C-H 4 gallon oil less...
19
19

finish air nailer?
What are most of you using for a finish air nailer as far around? Thanks Terry
8
8

*** Mini-FAQ for rec.woodworking # 155 - For want of somebody else posting this
* Welcome to rec.woodworking, known locally as the wreck * This is an informal group with users of all levels of knowledge, from those who have yet to pick up a tool, professional woodworkers, authors...

Painted Hinges
We're talking about remodeling my in-law's kitchen, and I just learned that my mother-in-law has always dreamed of yellow cabinets with orange hinges. It sounds bizarre to me, but just out of...
5
5

Sears charges restocking fee
Be careful what you buy at Sears. They now charge a 15% restocking fee for opened merchandise. Mike
21
21

Repeatable sharpening help
I know sharpening has been discussed on this group to death but I have another post about it. To date, my sharpening method is: get the initial bevel on a bench grind or belt sander, then move to...
19
19

Surfacing a workbench
Hi folks- I am a new woodworker, who is building a maple workbench. Since I still stink at surfacing wood using a hand plane, I was wondering if its possible to smooth/surface it with a router, or if...
10
10