Subject Author Posted Replies

$$$ sand paper
Just went to store to buy some hook&loop pads for my Ryobi corner cat. WOW like a buck a pad(5 in pack $4.99) Cat was gift and I hadn't bought them before. I know they won't last long on walnut and...
1
1

Minwax Olde
My wife does all the finish work at our shop and when she has to match existing finished she blends up what she needs from various stains. You may have to resort to this if you don't find what you...

Bed Question
I am working on the final details of my stickley bed. My bed is going to be a king (76" X 80"). I don't want to screw up the width by making it to small. How much wiggle room should I shoot for on...
6
6

Porter Cable 7529 is JUNK!
Well, it seems like I'm the next in line to fall victim to the Porter Cable 7529 router. I bought this about 8 years ago and have barely worn down the brushes 25%, taken great care of it. The speed...
2
2

Lie-Nielson chisels
I've decided to replace my plastic-handled, low-to-medium quality chisels with some Lie-Nielson bevel edge socket chisels. I'll be using them mostly for cutting dovetails. I'm not sure if I want their...
34
34

magnetic nail holder
was watch one of the how-to-show's the other day and saw a round tube nail holder with a red rubber handle, can't remember if it was ask this old house or Ron Hazelton show, but I can't find them...
11
11

Fortune-telling according to I Ching
The I Ching or "Book of Changes" is an ancient Chinese philosophy book and book of wisdom. The I Ching has been used for more than 5000 years as an aid to making decisions, predicting the future, etc....
2
2

Wanted- Minwax Olde Maple Stain - Non Polyshades
Hi, Does anyone know where I can find old lots of Minwax Stains, I am in need of the Minwax Olde Maple color stain, to repair some damaged woodwork in my home. I have tried the polyshades versions,...
3
3

Dresser Construction Advice
Hiya, I'm about to embark on building a dresser. I'd like to emulate this one: for those that don't go to the site to see it, it's a dresser with multiple drawers and appears to have 4 square legs...
21
21

Ideas for Federal Furniture????
My WW is leading me toward period furniture and I'm more and more interested in Federal style. I've plenty of books on Queen Anne, Duncan Phyfe, etc, but am really looking for Federal stuff, more late...
6
6

Vise location confusion
So I'm finishing my first real bench, and wondering about where to put the vises. I have one large 10" vise and a smaller cheapee 7" one. I'm right handed, and my understanding is that the tail...
3
3

Gorilla Glue Thinner?
Sorry for the dual posting but I posted to "woodturning" by mistake. I have a half bottle of Gorilla glue that has thickened a bit, does not seems to have set. Is there a solvent/thinner that can be...
12
12

Delta jointer motor repair (and story)
Has anyone here had success getting a Delta motor repaired? I'm just curious about the approximate cost, a new one from Delta is $263.64 + $8 shipping. This is for a used Delta 37-190 6" jointer that...
5
5

Air Cleaner
I've a motor/fan assembly from an old air handler ( off a 3 1/2 ton AC, ballpark 300 cfm), it was working when it came out. The plan is to make an air cleaner to reduce dust in the workshop by putting...
11
11

hand plane:
Hello Woodies: I have found an old plane with these markings on it. Bailly no 5 Stanly ,it is close to 12" in length. I have just really gotten into wood work and wonder if it would be useful on some...
4
4