Subject Author Posted Replies

RE: Spraying Minwax
I use a commercial electric hotplate where the heating elements are enclosed in an aluminum base with a thermostat. I set it at about 175 degrees and put the 2 qt pot from my remote gun that has about...

Anchor Sweden Plane
Hi all! I saw a jointer plane, number 7, from the "Anchor" brand, made in Sweden. Does any body has some reference of this brand? Were they popular? I read that those were replicas of Stanley models,...

suggestions on cutting flutes on a corner post?
Hi, I am making a chest on chest that somewhat follows the version Norm made on the NYW. My "customized plans" call for corner posts with fluted columns, where the flutes are cut on the corner of the...
6
6

How It's Made
No, no ... not albino. She has lovely green eyes, deep red hair and blushes easily. DAMHIKT Bill
33
33

Corner Chisel for routed hinge mortises
Anyone here use the Lee Valley magnetic corner chisel for squaring up hinge mortises that you've routed? Or any corner chisel, for that matter. I was cleaning up a bunch today and was thinking that...
7
7

Looking for a showroom with bamboo floors...
...in the NH, MA, ME area. Or a nice person that wants to show me ones in their house. Any pointers? -Jim
7
7

Review - Ellsworth Bowl Gouge - www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Hi all, we have just posted a review of the Ellsworth Signature bowl gouge online at a nice tool if you are a keen bowl turner! Hope it helps!...
18
18

milling machine
hi guys i have purchaced a milling machine with a rotary vise sure works nice on wood i make oak wheals cutting in the end grain nice clean cut and perfact round wheels shoul have bouht one years ago...
6
6

Thanks Charles, or maybe Dana
I just found a CD of music I remember downloading from a link on AS3. Lots of Allman Bros., Eric Clapton, Dire Straits, and even the Animals. Forgot I had this, enjoying it at loud volume while having...
1
1

spraying minwax spar urethane
Has anyone ever tried to spray urethane out of a gun rather than brus it on? If so, what type of spray gun will do the trick. Im working o some raised panel doors and would rather spray this stuff on...
9
9

Pre-WWII Stanley Socket chisels -BooHoo
While my wife was doing an Antiques show this weekend I saw a poster advertising a gun show. Having never attended one even though I am a card-carrying member of NRA I decided to see what was being...
2
2

Help with Jointer Setup
Your saw is way ahead of my Craftsman direct drive and, with it, I can go from saw to glue up. > my website)? Is it the operator? Not sure, but I am not alone in this > operation.
72
72

RE: DP Spindle Lock
While I don't totally picture what you are describing I suspect that the bolt it to release the chuck from the tapered spindle. Comes the question however.... Why would you want to remove the chuck?...

Groz Hand planes
Could I get the group's opinion on Groz Planes? Or for that matter any of the other (new) lower cost planes, like Bailey, Grizzly. I'm in need of a #4 smooth and a #7-8 jointing plane and maybe a...
7
7

ski storage- anyone tackled this problem?
Hi folks, just happened across this group and it looks like a heck of a resource- lots of experience and skill represented in here, makes for pretty interesting reading! Anyhow, I'm pretty...
12
12