Subject Author Posted Replies

Face jointing--who does it?
I was recently talking to a gentleman who teaches woodworking classes about face jointing, and he said that he hardly ever does it. He said if he were making a dining room table or something similar,...
31
31

RE:Will this fit tighten
If you have a large enough quantity to do to justify it, you might grind down a bit to fit, or look at a metric bit. Don Dando
1
1

elm - any good?
I have acquired a downed elm tree, 15" trunk, 15 to 20 feet long, straight and solid. I've never worked with elm and don't know anyone that has. Is it any good for woodworking or should I just burn...
24
24

Totally Guy Songs (warning-these lyrics may be offensive to women-but maybe not)
It's hard to believe that the Chick's Songs thread has run so hot. Now I'd like to look at the other side. My all time favorite is, "Her Strut", by good ole Bobby Seger. Next up would be,"Simply...
69
69

Will this fit tighten with glue?
I am using some coat pegs that measure 0.493". That is a pretty sloppy fit in a 0.500" hole, but other than hoping I can find an undersized drill bit, I am not sure what to do about it. Presumably the...
14
14

I can't believe what I heard today...
I ran into a guy today at Wal-Mart in the tool section that told me about his friend that had been hospitalized from either a bacterial infection or a viral infection he got from using some old lumber...
31
31

Router bit for bolection moulding
I'm doing a bunch of woodworking for a bedroom renovation, including some simple inlaid panel wainscotting. What I want to do is dress up the panels with bolection moulding. It also goes by other...
2
2

Planer in Delaware?
I have come into a fair amount of 50+ year old milled Black Walnut. Its rough and I need it planed. I am practicing the "neander" way on one peice but its not going well. Needless to say it isnt going...
7
7

RE: Removing DeWald Chuck
After removing the bolt inside the chuck the chuck then threads off the shaft with a common right hand turn. Don Dando
1
1

Norm back on DIY
http://www.tvweek.com/article.cms?articleId=31494Cheers!Dukester
1
1

Chairmaker story in Slate magazine.
"Could have been done better by Sam Maloof" is the sort of criticism I could live with...
4
4

pergola building question - foundation
hi folks, I'm getting ready to build a pergola/arbor to support my grape vines, and I've run into a snag.... around here, if a "structure" has a foundation (including sonnet tubes), it is considered...
11
11

What is it? CLVII
A new set has just been posted: http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
18
18

slightly OT: getting the chuck off my drill
I purchased a used Dewalt 12V impact driver and part of the deal included an 18V Dewalt drill/driver that is in somewhat bad shape. Its main problem is the keyless chuck is pretty beat up. I'm trying...
8
8

Non poisonous
I'm bulding a baby cradle out of pine. What sort of surface finishing is suitable, I don't want the baby to be poisoned! May-Brith from Norway.
8
8