Subject Author Posted Replies

Shellac question
Greetings All, I applied two coats of shellac to some cherry trim I installed on a kitchen soffit. The face I put the shellac on is vertical and the shellac isn't as smooth as I expected. It looks as...
4
4

double sided tape
When I read of this product being use to make matching pieces with a router, bandsaw or sander are they generally talking about the standard mylar tape (like 3-M) but with adhesive on both sides or is...
9
9

Cut my workmate front panel in 2
I should never use power tools when I'm tired, i know better, but ... I have made a perfect strait cut all the way through the front panel of my workmate with my circular saw. Any suggestion to repair...
26
26

Repair of an 1800's wood-framed upright piano... what glue?
I have an 1840 upright which is of the same type as Chopin used to use. I got it for relatively cheap and it arrived with a cracked left leg, but it is a historic instrument with potential worth. the...
3
3

O.T. Customer Support
Hello, You may want to be part of my new campaign. From this day forward any products or services I purchase will be backed with customer support that is located in United Stares and is staffed by...
3
3

RE: Bending Poplar
I use poplar for the gunnels and chines when building smaller boats. I have a 10 ft length of 4" plastic pipe with the cap cemented in place on one end. I fill the tube with water then put the poplar...

Old Craftsman bandsaw...
Greetings all. I'm just going to pick up an old bandsaw for a light tune up and to put into service in my shop. Is there any reference out there that I can go to look up owners manuals, parts numbers,...
6
6

Bending 3/4" Poplar
Hi, Is it possible to bend a 12" - 18" length of 3/4" poplar to a 24" radius without special equipment? I've heard of soaking wood in water then heating in an oven but will this work for this...
2
2

Corded VSR Driver-Drill w Slip Clutch
Hi, I am looking for an inexpensive corded driver-drive to use when my cordless is flat. None I've seen have the slip clutch (ratchet?) that is common on cordlesses. Does someone make one? Thanks,...
4
4

Re: Akeda jig Sliding Dovetails
I hope you can help me with a project problem. I am using my new Akeda DC to make a wall hanging shelf with 1/2" poplar stock (final project will be 3/4" cherry). Through dovetails will join the four...
3
3

RE:PM2000 or Griz
In my opinion they are in different leagues. Both are good for the price. The Powermatic 2000 is more of a commercial/industrial machine and tends to be finer fit and finish, plus more accurate. I'd...

Carpet tape
I have done a couple of projects that the directions suggested using carpet tape to hold a templet to follow to route a straight line or follow another object to duplicate it. Each time the tape did...
6
6

hose for compressor
I am looking for a source for a compressor hose that is flexible. I have added a short coiled hose to my stiff hose but it tangles. Someone must make a flexible hose...any ideas?
13
13

Powermatic PM2000 or Grizzly 1023SL
I know I am in this string late, but here is my two cents worth. Many will tell you that the Griz is not in the PM2000 class. That might be true to a point. About five years ago I started the cabinet...
11
11

Beech splitting when crossing Rockies
I make wire brushes from KD Beech. It is a problem when we ship to California because 5% of the brushes split by the time they get there. I'm thinking it's due to pressure changes when crossing the...
24
24