Subject Author Posted Replies

Freud SD608 Compatibility with General International 50-185LBuilder Saw?
Are you using the Freud SD608 with a General International 50-185L Builder's Saw? If so, I would appreciate any comments you may have on this subject. Thank You
1
1

SD 608 compatibility with General International 50-185L?
I am wondering if anyone out there is using the Freud SD608 Dial Dado Set with the General International 50-185L (Left Tilt) Builder's Saw? If so, your comments regarding it would be appreciated....

OT - Manly Songs I like
Figured as long as peoples was posting songs I'd post a few of my favorites. Hmm, maybe next time I'll post the lyrics too, so we can have a group sing. 1. Her Teeth Was Stained, But Her Heart Was...
34
34

scroll saw
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I am thinking of buying a scroll saw. What would any of you recommend, as far as best quality/low price. I know there are high priced saws, but I want...
12
12

Drawer slides
I have a 24" deep pantry closet that I'd like to install slide out shelves in. I'm looking for a full extension, center mount drawer slide to use. I really would prefer to not have the slides mounted...
11
11

New Powermatic 14" Bandsaw arrived and assembled
So I finally got my new saw. Came in 2 boxes, 1 about 130lbs and the other about 160lbs. I used a handtruck to get them to my shop (after using the snow blower to clear a trail). I got them off the...

Bed progress
Check out my king bed progress. This is by far my most difficult project. It looks like it would be quite easy, just a bunch of rails and slats, but she is deceiving! I am 3-weeks in and all I need to...
25
25

TREE STUFF
Just ran across this stuff. No idea how many of the links are still good, haven't bothered to check. Gods above, I've got a LOT of stuff squirreled away. Don't bother me if an of the links are dead,...

Saving a dead cordless
I have an old (8 years?) 9.6 v Cordless DeWalt drill. Long ago the batteries reached the point where they would not hold any type of charge. I considered buying new batteries but they cost almost as...
4
4

Help mounting bench vise
Forgive the bad ascii art. Is there a "right" way to mount this? Or better yet a "bad" way to avoid doing it. I'm mounting it on the left side of the workbench. I have a 5" craftsman bench vise and...
4
4

Cordless Drill suggestion for grandfather
My grandpa does recreational woodworking, and he recently built a nice tack chest for me. So in return, I intend to buy him a better cordless drill. (He's using a piece-o-junk discount store cordless...
9
9

Need idea/help to attach concave molding
We have a quarter-round brick fireplace in the corner of our family room. I'm trying to attach concave molding to cover the ugly space between the sheetrock and brick. Thought it would be a piece of...
5
5

Parts for an older Jet Bandsaw
Hello, I really hope you can help me. I bought an older, used Jet bandsaw (model JBS-14, green in color) a year ago and since then I've been trying to find a replacement for my below table blade...
2
2

Help w/Blum inset hinges
I am building a set of cabinets, using Blum 170d, inset hinges. Purchased from Lee Valley - but can't see why that would matter. When in the fully closed position, they close past 90 degrees (like...
3
3

Ping:Stoutman
Finally got around to opening the wood crate around the bandsaw. Said 2.5 hp motor on the crate. Checked the motor tag and it also says 2..5hp. Hope they didn't change much else, as the manual says...
1
1