Subject Author Posted Replies

Please help us......
Hello! The East Haven High School Yellowjacket Marching Band has just started our fundraising campaign and I need your help. Please help us fundraise by treating yourself to your favorite magazines....
11
11

Good Dark Stain for Soft Maple?
Hello, I'm in the process of building a table for my sunroom, it is being made out of soft Maple. I would like to know if anyone has had any success with dark stains on maple? I'm looking for a stain...
3
3

Oneida Portable double cone dust collector
Hi, still looking into dust collection solutions. Does anyone have any experience with this model?

Flexible trim source?
Wife finds round small tables with a fancy trim apparently glued to the top edge. Google finds rope trim 1" X 5/16" poplar in straight sections. No description of capability to be bent. Plan is to...
2
2

Which Wood
Hello Group, I'm new to woodworking, but I want to form an Ankh out of wood (where my computer should be placed in). So the foot and the arms of the ankh should be made hollow and carved out with a...
11
11

safety device
Did you ever have to stop your bandsaw to pull a small piece of wood out of the throat? Here's something that you can make in 10 minutes out of a scrap piece of oak that may save you a finger or two,...
2
2

insetting a mirror
Hello all! I am new to both this forum and woodworking. As my first project I'm starting simple with a jewelry box for my daughter. I'd like to inset a small square mirror on the inside of the box...
2
2

Woodstock ontario land of criminal police and crown
My name is Peter Tarbat. I was charged by the Oxford Police, Sgt E Taylor with 11 false charges including rape and forcible confinement. The problem is these charges go back 18 years and these charges...

oil for senco palm nailer?
I'm gonna be driving some hanger nails... so I picked up a used palm nailer. the rest of my senco guns are oilless, but I don't know about this thing. it didn't come with a case or any kind of...
7
7

Any Bosch 1619EVS + Veritas Router Table owners here?
Hello rec.woodworking, I'll be buying the Veritas Router Table System if it's compatible with my Bosch 1619EVS router. I'm worried about the Router Bit Jack accessory ( : it replaces the router's...
1
1

Walnut & CA Glue
Last night I was in the shop trying to make a repair to a walnut apron. I mixed CA glue with walnut sawdust and it started smoking & putting off fumes. Anyone have similar occurance?
7
7

ping LRod : OT thanks for the tool $$$$
Thanks to the Woodbutcher I now have more money to spend on tools and wood and you can too. A lot easier than you think. You can try LRod's way buy a short book that explains it and makes you feel...
23
23

triton router accecories
I recently bought the 3 1/2 hp router for a router table. I cant seem to find the "above the table adjustment tool" anywhere.... does any body know of a place where to buy this and other triton...
11
11

Home Depot Update
I know this NG has flogged this topic before but here's a little HD update. Todays Wall Street Journal has a (section D) front page article, describing some of their shortcomings and what they plan to...
17
17

RE: CAD programs
What are some favorite CAD programs for simple design work? What features do they include?
8
8