Subject Author Posted Replies

Wipe On Gel Varnish
Unfortunately my new shop is not well located for sparying lacquer and I am returning to my favorite method of applying finishes to "average" furniture, that is, wipe-on gel varnish. I have obtained...
5
5

Thin strip jig plan wanted`
Do any of you have a site for downloading such a plan? I would like to use these for edge banding instead of the iron on stuff. If there are any voids in the edge of plywood they would not be...
11
11

Silestone router table top - a gloat
I recently had granite countertops put in my kitchen. The delivery was supposed to be the second week of December, and wife was really excited because she was wanting them installed before all the...
17
17

Scroll saw
Thanks to all with their comments & advice on a scroll saw purchase, which I narrowed down to the DeWalt, for a vibration-free machine. I finally lucked out & bought one locally. DeWalt at this time...
3
3

OT - Early Saint Patrick's Day Greetings
Seeing as how it's coming up rapidly, March 17th I believe, I thought I'd beat the rush. This is NOT me. in doubt, go to sleep. - Mully Small...
1
1

Bangkirai
Hi Guys, I have been given a load of bangkira planks (24), has any body here ever use this type of hard wood for projects? I am thinking of making kitchen doors with them, they are 2100mm x 130mm x...

What is it? CLVIII
The latest set has just been posted: http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
17
17

Hitachi M12V question
Has anyone had any problems with the electronic speed control on their Hitachi M12V? In the middle of a large job, it's starting to act up, reving up then slowing down, whether I'm in a cut or not....
8
8

Timber Health Hazards
Or, health hazards & wood. Just ran across this in a batch of files I was discarding. This ties in with the recent cutting board thread. Don't know if any is claimed to be lethal, but some of it is...
5
5

Shelf span
I'm building a hanging bookshelf out of 3/4 birch plywood. My shelf depth is almost 12" and the width is about 33". I'm also glueing and nailing 1x2 poplar strips on the front to make the shelves look...
5
5

drill chuck removal
I need to change the chucks on a couple of small electric drills. First I remove the LH threaded screw from inside the jaws of the chuck. Then what? The small section of shaft between the chuck and...
5
5

preliminary review: small, inexpensive, "Hong Kong Style" plane
My newest toy is a "Hong Kong Style" plane (as named by Lee Valley, though I got mine that looks identical on eBay). I didn't know how much to expect, as it was
1
1

I finally have a gloat!!!
Porter Cable 7336 6" HD Variable Speed Orbital Sander Lowes closeout, display model, works great. $20.00
25
25

making a planer stand
A few years ago Norm made a nice basic stand with splayed legs. Does anyone know what angles to use for the legs and stretchers when they are to be splayed?
11
11

JDS Cyclones anyone?
I have a headroom problem, and JDS is about all that will fit. Has anyone used one? They claim to have a different impeller design that gives better suction at higher static pressures; if true, that...
13
13