Subject Author Posted Replies

BAR - PDF
Should be light enough to slide back out of the way when not being used. Personally some cardboard boxes taped together and covered with a sheet would serve as well. JOAT When in doubt, go to sleep. -...

THE ULTIMAE (?) BED
Don't know if it's the "ultimate" bed but it looks interesting. JOAT When in doubt, go to sleep. - Mully Small Free and open-source plans for an easy to build, extremely sturdy, all-wood California...
7
7

BATHING BEAUTY
Way I figure it most of you guys would need a couple of dozen of these before you could be considered a "beauty" - not by my standards of course. And most of t he rest of you wouldn't stand a chance...

BANANA
in doubt, go to sleep. - Mully Small

Fazendo bonecos de madeira
Here's a simple project. JOAT When in doubt, go to sleep. - Mully Small "Making of" of the wood characters I´ve made to www.submarino.com.br

Rockler Deal: Sandpaper Disc Station
Just got an email with this offer: "We have a closeout special that should excite both serious woodworkers and hobbyists--The Rockler Sandpaper Disc Station! While there is a cosmetic flaw, the...
2
2

Semi OT: positive Amazon customer service experience
Just wanted to share this very recent experience with an Amazon purchase: 2/24/07 - Placed an order for TurboCADv12, price: $79.99 (free shipping). 2/27/07 05:30 - Noticed price dropped to $73.99...

router table cannot use
sears 926460 bought it from sears store going out of business fordham road store in bronx could not adapt it safely to my ryobi plunge router bent out some of the flanges on the foots to make for more...

Wood Movement (very long... a question at the end)
Several months ago, I got a brainstorm to replace an island countertop with wood. SWMBO and I decided that cherry would be the choice, and since I had enough cherry knocking around... It took about a...
10
10

Soul-searching question we must all ask ourselves
I find that it usually makes things worse than if you'd just left it alone. A little gap here, a tiny bit of chip out there. They look more significant when you are putting the thing together and...
18
18

Ever blast your eye with an air nailer exhaust?
No, but they'll both happily sell you one, albeit a bit specialized.
50
50

Colour matching putty. (Color to my spangled friends.)
I have a whole lot of holes to fill on a project A whole bunch of 1.25" x 5.5", flat mounted wall rails in a bank. (Part of the wheel- chair facilities.) Using wood plugs was one option I considered....
1
1

Circular saw question
Blades are designed to cut best at a specific RPM. Best cutting does not always = smooth. Generally a slower feed rate produces a smoohter cut but may also introduce a burned cut. Thus, regular 10"...
20
20

Advice on free furniture plan site
Hi, I'm putting some old furniture plans online (mainly as my brothers idea). I don't build these things. My brother has used the original plans (from a book) and thought they were great. Could anyone...
13
13

Air Bubbles in Mirror Coat
I decided to use the mirror coat by System Three for my bar top epoxy coating. I have completed the first coat, which I made very thin. Just thick enough to seal off the wood. I believe that there are...
2
2