Subject Author Posted Replies

Speedbloc paper clamp broke (ping Leon)
Well it is unfortunate that the clamp bloke so soon. Mine lasted 12 years before it broke. My spring broke. You have to replace the pad assembly. If you take the clamps off, the sander will not run...
7
7

FS: Mortising Attachment for Jet Drill Press
I have a Jet 708585 for sale; There is nothing wrong with it, I just don't use it. Accessory for JDP-17MFW; fence with mounting bolts and a hold-down chisel holder designed for 5/8-inch shank chisels....
1
1

Coffee table finish?
I think a wipe-on poly is your best bet if you aren't experienced or geared up for spraying. I have to say I've never tried the waterlux route but regardless, for a table top I think a poly which can...
4
4

Jet JWTS-10JF table saw for sale
I am selling a Jet JWTS-10JF table saw in excellent condition. I've added a dust collector with a 4" port on one side of the stand and a peg board tool holder to the other side. Comes with standard...
1
1

Loose Chair Glue Question
I did this repair to the chair I am sitting in right now. I used regular old Elmer's carpenters glue, and did no prep whatsoever. I just pried the joints apart and applied the glue. I reassembled and...
8
8

When is a cutoff just trash?
It's all stock timber and it's all firewood. Use whatever works, burn the smallest stuff first, starting with the sawdust.
27
27

Google Kill File script for Firefox
This handy Greasemonkey script provides Firefox users with a killfile facility for Google groups... Google Groups KillFile 1.4 "Mark(sixoneeight) = 618 http://www.penney.org/ggkiller.html
4
4

OT - Living Will
Subject: Living Will Last night, my wife and I were sitting in the living room and I said to her, "I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle. If...
1
1

Where did my post go
G'day, I think that your original post got tied to another thread,somehow??? try this one (scroll saw) posted by ( dated (19/02/07) Most of your questions are answered in this thread. regards John
6
6

scroll saw
hi just looking at the posts here in the last few months the opinion seems to be the $500 delwalt is the cheapest good one. there seems to be a division of crap 0-130 and a division of junk 131-200...
2
2

warped wood
Doug, Just noticed your ISP... come up to Saratoga Springs to the Northeastern Woodworker's Associations annual Woodworker's Showcase the 24-25th of March. I'll be there in the hand tool demo area by...
14
14

BleachBot
Too true. Here are some filters that might help (munge to fit your own newsreader's format): Kill if 'NNTP-Posting-Host' contains "72.79.42.29" Kill if 'references' contains "@trndny07" Kill if...
2
2

Waterlox Question
Yeah, I'll do wax on top. I'm not worried about the sheen per se as I can dictate that with the wax and how I rub it out. I'm more interested in whether there are any recommendations on keeping the...
14
14

Drying question, what to do with this wood?
I bought a beautiful piece of spalted maple on ebay; 8" x10"x5". It is treated with anchorseal and has been air drying for one year. My moisture meter shows that the heaviest spalted areas are 16%...
2
2

Please help Me!
I was going to disagree, but I checked. I use unique e-mails tagged with the date on my postings here, so I know WHEN the spammers harvested my e-mails. According to my logs, I got three spam attempts...
8
8