Subject Author Posted Replies

Should I Condition Douglas Fir Before Staining?
We have about 900 sqft of old growth douglas fir that we will be taking up, planing, sanding, staining with Bonakemi Drifast Provincial, and topcoating with Bonakemi Traffic. My question is whether we...
5
5

Group Questionnaire
I am a Psychology student at the University Of Manchester, UK and am conducting a study on communication in online groups. I will be collecting data through the use of a questionnaire. It would be...
9
9

Dado blades for Radial Arm Saw
I am aware that blades for Radial Arm Saw should have a negative rake. But, what about Dado blades. I have not seen any advertised. I have a Ridgid 10" saw, which cuts very well and is very accurate....
6
6

Trowel handle in the freezer
The wooden handle on my garden trowel has partially rotted away. Not having a lathe or anything I have just bought a very cheap trowel which does though have quite a nice wooden handle that I want to...
3
3

Verry OT - Ten Reasons For Not Drinking
Any of you guys here? JOAT It was too early in the morning for it to be early in the morning. That was the only thing that he currently knew for sure. - Clodpool
8
8

Almost a gloat
Our local Menards store had their sorted screw/nut/bolt bins for sale. They're the rectangular modules with three shelves that the store used to hold their assorted screws. I got 10 of them for $5...
3
3

Who are Darwin's Outcasts?
Find out at: DARWIN'S OUTCASTS

Need some smaller Maple Logs
I would like to get some maple logs. Smaller ones about 4" diameter and 30" long. I don't know if Maple has bark but the 4" diameter is the bare wood diameter. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Bob...
5
5

off topic question
I am fairly new to this news group thing and was just wondering what software most people use. I was using outlook express but just downloaded XNews to try.
21
21

Pinners? PC PIN100 vs. Senco FP10
Anybody got either gun? The Grex is nice, but I think the two mentioned above will serve my needs. The online reviews I've Googled favor the PC. I have other guns by both brands and like them all....
4
4

Finishing Curly Maple?
I have some extraordinary curly maple that looks great with mineral spirits on it. How do I finish it to make it look that good when done? A google search suggests the most popular method is...
8
8

GRIZZLY BENCHTOP JOINTER
Am ready to buy the new "6 jointer (G012). Most of my work is small and I don't really have room (or $) for the freestanding 6" jointer. I searched in this group for opinions/experiences re: the G012....

Re: Such a Warm Welcome I Think I'll stay.... Until the War's over!.....
Your best post todate
2
2

Cuttoffs for grilling?
A comment on the thread about discarding cuttoffs got me wondering... ..just what types of wood are and are not suitable for grilling foods over? I use a lot of my scraps for summer fires in a fire...
12
12

Porter Cable 371K Belt Sander
Anybody have one of these? Any impressions? Complaints? compliments? Thanks
5
5