Subject Author Posted Replies

Update for: Glue for plywood chairs
I posted a question over a month ago about gluing up some plywood chairs (can be read here: )Just a follow up to say the spline idea worked wonders to hold the joints together! You can see the...
5
5

Where can I find a Rail & Stile bit for undersized 1/4" Plywood?
Amazon in the Mel Brooks section. Mark (sixoneeight) = 618
14
14

Ping: Rob Lee
Seems like only yesterday - but was probably a year or two ago - that I urged use of stainless steel in LV planes and you indicated that stainless was an unsuitable material... For a week now I've...
5
5

How to drill dog holes
Glued on the last piece of my workbench top last night so as soon as I mount the vises I will be ready to drill the 3/4 dog holes. Question is how do I do this? The top is 60x30 made from a 1" butcher...
15
15

Attention: Washington DC area woodworkers
David ... I'm no where near Wash. DC (but am an urban guerrilla gardener) who handles everything organically when possible. You got any nitrogen to go with that? Otherwise this year will be even worse...
1
1

Gov. Auction in Quebec for Planer and Jointer / No Affiliaction
Quantity Description 1 (ea/ch) Planer:Delta Dc-380,2hp industrial(7hp max.) 2 speeds, 230 volts, 13 amps, 60hz, 3450 tr/min, model 22675C 1 (ea/ch) Jointer/planer: Delta 37-190C, 115/230 volts, 3/4hp,...

Furniture Manufacturers - Exporters and Importers Lists (And Demands)
FULL FREE Furniture Databeyz Manufacturers Exporters and Importers English Guide Turkish Mobilya Rehberi You can send, your demands. http://www.furniturefirms.net/eng/firmaekle.aspFurniture

Morse Design Accujoint Finger Joint Jig
I'm trying to find instructions on how to setup and use the Accujoint device to make box joints. I found a couple of really old posts (1996 and 2000) from other folks looking for the same information,...
17
17

Cut your hair boys and girls (cautionary tale)
This morning I, being a long haired freaky person, had hair down to my ass. It is now a shoulder length (very) rough bob. This afternoon I was routing a roundover on a box when suddenly I felt a sharp...
17
17

Did I See One Of You Guys Yesterday?
Was in the local post office yesterday, and saw a guy with grey hair, glue shirt, blue Jeans, with some of thos yardstick suspenders. Seeing the suspenders made me wonder if the guy was/is a...
10
10

HOW IT'S MADE - HARP
That was actually a response to Jedd's 'crap' comment. Evidently, I was a bit too aggressive in my snipping.
24
24

6/4 Black Walnut Source?
Several years back I came into a chunk of 6/4 Black Walnut roughly 75" long, with a width that varies between 18" to 20". My plan was to use it as a fireplace mantel when I finally settled down and...
8
8

JessEm Mast-R-Lift
I want to purchase a router lift for my PC7518. The candidates under consideration include the JessEm Mast-R-Lift. This product underwent a design change a few years ago. The older product had the...
4
4

Clayton sanders
Can anyone tell me the manufacturer website that makes Clayton oscillating sanders? Google gives a million hits. I believe this company is in USA, but I'd like more information. Thanks

Where Do Ideas Come From - Creativity or Synthesisity?
You raise an interesting question. I don't have a specific example of personal creativity but I suspect they are rare. We all do things we we have'nt done previously but perhaps we saw it in a book,...
13
13