Subject Author Posted Replies

Wood floor plank lengths
Anyone familiar with Lumber Liquidators? They have some bamboo floors that are onsale for $1.99 / SF which is a very good price. I remember installing my bamboo floor in the bedroom six years ago and...
22
22

OT Humor
This ought to work real good with cats too. Liveleak.com -
17
17

Kitchen Island question?? Cabinet experts please come in!!
Steel should be holding up the overhang. Various stone people will tell you that the maximum overhang is anywhere from 6" to 12". It's granite, it's expensive and not a DIY repair, you might have...
18
18

$1 download pda software
Want access to 15000+ all the new pda applications? just $1 register for one account to download/buy applications in this site. is one-time email, thank your reading.

Alternative TS sled
> Is there a reason that a TS sled can't be made out of 1/4" aluminum plate? Check the price of a piece of 1/4" aluminum and get back to me. There are other reasons, but initial cost will be a biggie....
19
19

Joint compound or plaster
Neither a flexible paintable caulk, it will not crack as joint compound or plaster will. Mark http://home.mchsi.com/~xphome/
5
5

Using Oak Plugs
^^ huh? "It no will be longer" isn't any better.
11
11

Quality of Hegner scroll saw?
I have also heard that Hegner is very good, but have never used one. After having 2 different 'cheap' ones ($169), I upgraded to a RBI Hawk 216 about 6 years ago. I absolutely love it. The 216 is the...
2
2

What wood is this from Madeira?
Madeira simply means wood in Spanish but I guess you knew that.
6
6

Workbench design question
I recently built a platform for my lathe over an uneven surface. I used 1.5" subflooring from Home Depot which cost me about $45 for a 4x8 sheet. That supports a 500 lb. lathe quite well.
9
9

Home Depot and Ryobi support - GOOD experience
better ROS. If you're happy, I'm happy.
4
4

Quite a few board feet here
of the most amazing trees in the world, pretty cool :) http://www.neatorama.com/2007/03/21/10-most-magnificent-trees-in-the-world/Ten
1
1

Lighted lamps w/ magnification
I've seen similar things in sewing or craft stores (my wife's a quilter). You might check there, or simply do a google search for 'clamp magnifier lamp' - I know I've seen several things like this....
10
10

Getting started carving
Good luck buying a pocket knife with decent steel for $20.00. > To email me directly, send a message to puckdropper (at)
12
12

Creativity or Synthesisity? Just Dumb Luck
Here is my spin on charlieb's thread: I was cleaning up the gara... er.. shop Sunday afternoon and I kept looking at a few nice pieces of spalted sycamore I'd picked up pretty cheap a couple of weeks...
22
22