Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Fast food and tools ... indicators?
[snipped in agreement on fast food in general] The 'pet' industry racked up 32 BILLION in sales in 2003. Any time a pie is big enough for corporations to fight over, the consumer invariably gets it up...
15
15

Grizzly 8" Jointer - Model G0593
I think if you have the money, do it. I know one person who bought a sprial cutterhead - the one with the single indexing carbide cutters, not the other kind, and he's really happy with it. I came...
5
5

FS: RADIAL ARM SAW in NJ $200
I have a Craftsman 10" radial arm saw for sale in Hunterdon County New Jersey. The saw is about 20 years old and is in excellent condition. Saw set up has legs and wheels. Must pick up. $200

Tree / wood tragedy in Maryland
Hey All, Here is alink to the latest news tidbit on a tree tragedy in Maryland. It a real shame that so many trees are getting cut down and it adds insult to injury that the wood from them is rendered...
2
2

scroll saw art
I do some kind of wood art using scroll saw and mostly water colours. I put up now pages so if you're interested to see what kind of works such combination can produce go to Sammeli
1
1

Grizzly G1022 Table Saw - can't tighten saw height wheel (2023 Update)
I've had this table saw for over 10 years and it still works great. One problem I haven't been able to figure out...the middle knob that holds on the blade height wheel won't tighten the wheel so the...
4
4

shop lighting
I'm looking into fluorescent fixtures for the ceiling lighting in my shop. I have 10' ceilings and about 500SF of shop area I have a lead on some fixtures and I'd like some opinions on whether they...
8
8

Drill Press Fence
I have recently purchased a Ryobi 10" Drill Press and I realize some of you don't like their products but it fit my budget but I still like some advice. I was wondering it anyone knows of a place to...
6
6

Another Radial Arm saw question
Hello All, I was just installing a new table top for my older Craftsman RAS that my Dad gave me. (I think it was manufactured in the 60's if that matters.) While checking the mounting rail height at...
10
10

OT Model railroad.
listening to some new-found music (to me) Jimmy bryant and Speedy West... So... howcome I hadn't heard of these guys? Huh? Huh? XM radio made me see the light!!...
3
3

Looking For Engineering Job?
Simply Find Your Engineering Job Vacancy and resources here -->

Delta table saw at Lowes
My local Lowes has a Delta 10" table saw on sale for $449 with a Unifence and side table for another $165. The saw is model 36-979. Anybody have experience with this model? Price seems good especially...
3
3

Question about Bench Drill Press!
I have just purchased an old bench drill press. It is a Delta Milwauke Model DP-220 (Serial #84-5500) and was manufactured by the Rockwel Manufacturing Co. of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. As a novice to...
3
3

square hole with jigsaw
I tried to cut a square hole with a jigsaw. I flat out failed as the cut had a wavy appearance. I am using nice Bosch jigsaw. What I did was to drill a hole and then approach the line. I had a...
11
11

OT - porch railing
After 19 years in our home, the insurance company has decided we need a railing on our front porch. Nobody had ever fallen off, but I guess they're getting a little more picky after the recent...
9
9