Subject Author Posted Replies

Square fence on Delta Mortiser
I went and checked my mortiser --- the same model. The fence was right on. Since the fence is a casting, it could have been damaged or improperly machined. It should sit flat on the base. Check to see...
6
6

Review: Wixey Digital Angle Gauge
Hi Folks, For all who are interested and/or curious. I put the Wixey Digital Angle Gauge to the test in my Metrology Lab this week. Results are here: me know if you have any questions/comments. Enjoy!...
35
35

minor gloat and what to do with it?
This may sound weird, but I did all the dressers and night stands in the master bed room in poplar and to finish them, I used 10 parts water to 1 part gray house paint (latex based) - then hosed it...
8
8

HVLP sprayer what should I buy?
I am going to need a HVLP sprayer, but its something I am not going to using lots. I seen a cheap one on Harbor freight for about $40 (self contained), but I noticed there are some that you hook up to...
19
19

Finish help needed
I'm refinishing a desk for SWMBO. It's red oak (?), has been completely stripped, and sanded to 220. I've been trying to find the 'darkness' that she wants. Minwax Red Mahogany (225) has been decided...
2
2

Replacing section of wood
For every problem, there is a simple solution which will not work! Joe G
6
6

Stupid question: Clear Stain or how to heighten contrast
Ok, I have to give detail as to what I mean here. I bought some birch plywood and some birch beadboard. The beadboard was prefinished with a clear semi-gloss to gloss. I tried matching the color...

Plexiglass
Methelyne chloride.
13
13

testickle
Regards, Tom Watson tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email) http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

does cocobolo change color?
cocobolo has the most distinct grain with bold grain lines in multiple colors. I don't think there is another wood that shows this as much. kingwood does but it is far more money so that's not an...
20
20

Where to buy Powermatic, Grizzly, or General Internatioal WW machines in UK..?.
| 1) I been searching for the suppliers/dealers in UK for stationary | woodworking machines (saw bench/table saw, wedge type jointer and 15" | thicknesser/planer of the following make(s) : Powermatic,...
6
6

OT Humor - The Tree Hugger
The Tree Hugger A woman from Los Angeles who was a tree-hugging, anti-hunting, environmentalist wacko purchased a piece of timberland near Grants Pass , OR . There was a large tree on one of the...

What to do with a root
Carve a large spoon.
2
2

Lee Valley site not working?
I hate to see a man who needs a tool in pain. (I'm not sure I like the sound of that...) To Place an Order Customer Service From USA: 1-800-871-8158 1-800-267-8735 From Canada: 1-800-267-8767...
5
5

low-clearance drill needed
How about chucking the drill bit in an old fasioned Yankee push-style screwdriver??
8
8