Subject Author Posted Replies

poured epoxy for bath vanity counter top
I'm toying with the idea of making a countertop with a sink cut out for a small sink in a small powder room. Haven't decided on the species of wood yet maybe white oak, and using a poured epoxy to...
4
4

Wood type in the hub of a Wood Spoked Wagon Wheel
All Any idea what type of wood is used in the hub of a wood spoked wagon wheel? Can you tell by looking or feeling? The piece has the spokes inserted into it. The piece is a "spacer" between the metal...
23
23

DC setup using garbage can and y connector
Have 2 port DC with 4' openings..FH 1200 cm model (yea, I know real CM is less)plan on using a garbage can with port in/port out top for catching the larger pieces priior to hitting the DC itself...if...
15
15

Laminate Floor 12" Blade Question?
Greetings, I'm putting in a laminate floor (Pergo Type). One plank measures 8.0" in width. I'll be using a portable parting saw which takes a 12" blade.What type blade would be best for cutting the...
8
8

Gloat: Bessey & Amazon
Last week I got an email from amazon. It seems as if when you buy something from them they forevever bombard you with UCE for tools they have on sale. Well, anyway, I got an email for 50" Bessey...
3
3

Inspiration - Drawer organization
Don't let the title of this slideshow throw you off. Some pretty neat ideas on organizing kitchen items. Explore this photo album by nunya_f_biznas on Flickr!
1
1

Woodworking Classes?
Hi, I'm new to this newsgroup...been lurking for a week. I live in Broward County, Florida, US and am interested in picking up woodworking as a hobby and to do home improvements like built-ins or trim...
71
71

Wood threading problem
I have a wood threading Kit, 1/2", 3/4", and 1" standard tap and die set up. Taps work fine in any wood I normally use. The dies are giving me fits, When I try to thread a rod I get a complete cut/...
11
11

Recommendations for desktop finish
I suspect they either put on about 20 coats of poly or went with epoxy. Epoxy can give you a thick, hard, durable finish if that's what you're after. As much as I hate poly, it may be your best...
5
5

WTB: older 16-19 inch bandsaw, Olympia/Seattle area
American only please, thanks, John.
1
1

WTB: Older floor model drill press Seattle Olympia area.
Thanks, John.

Why didn't I think of this?
Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!
23
23

Retail store Philly/Trenton area
Came across this place while googling something or other and stopped by today. better than the two Woodworker's Warehouse stores I had been to and very close in size and selection to the Woodcraft...
1
1

Inanimate Objects Aren't (Hand Tools Psychology)
Inanimate Objects Aren't (Hand Tools Psychology) I've had a theory about small inanimate objects. The idea started coming into clearer focus as I got more and more into woodworking and small (relative...
11
11

Barn Wood Salvage Buyer Needed
Hi, Fellow Woodworkers -- I'm trying to locate anyone interested in buying and dismantling an old dairy barn to salvage the wood. The barn is in New York state, between Syracuse and Watertown. I...
8
8