Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: groaner
Sometimes silly shit floats to the top when I can't sleep. To wit; A farmer had an old, old mare. A Belgian, a bit like a Clydesdale. That old mare had worked the farm for years, and the farmer...
2
2

OT - Humor
Boudreaux and Thibodeaux are neighbors in Breaux Bridge, and Boudreaux is in need of a new milk cow. He hears about a nice one for sale over in Lafayette. He drives over to Lafayette, looks at the...
15
15

urns
Has anyone ever made a wooden urn for burial ashes ? I looked at some on the web & all they appeared to be is a plain square box that is sealed. thanks in advance michael lane
11
11

PVA waterproof adhesive on MDF
Have a piece of oak veneered mdf that i wish to use to make a shelf along side the bath. The oak veneer does not cover all the edges, so my plan is to seal the edges and to then use a ronseal quick...
9
9

Safe Stop
my wording was incorrect, but it is still the responsibility of Delta to find a way to get the product from assembly line to customer. If you cannot do that, you don't have a viable business. Does not...
98
98

Woodie Gallery
have anal glaucoma. I can't see my ass going to work today. Home - National Woodie Club
6
6

PING Morris
FYI JOAT I have anal glaucoma. I can't see my ass going to work today.
1
1

A few questions about Shelix cutterheads
I was looking at those aftermarket shelix jointer cutterheads, and there are a few things that are bugging me. First, how do you get a flat cut with them (as opposed to a plain helix, where the...
1
1

sharpening hollow mortise chisels
Has anyone tried the following product from Rockler? Your best source for high quality & innovative woodworking tools, finishing supplies, hardware, lumber & know-how. Find everything you need to make...
5
5

Tape measure with 0 tolerance hook?
"Leon" wrote in news:V0sXh.607$ Yes as I get older I wish for that feature also! Jerry
17
17

A Question of Physics 101
Since I've been enjoying the topics and discussions of this news group, and I see that there are many posters who are quite bright, I decided to pose a question concerning the laws of physics to...
63
63

Grizzly Workbench question
Has anyone tried the Grizzly H8110 workbench? I work full time and just flat do not have time to build a workbench and continue with my woodworking at the same time. This one looks nice but its...
4
4

Best way to preserve the original color of teak outdoor furniture
I am buying some new teak lawn furniture. I want it to remain the color it is, not turn grey. Is there a treatment I can use to accomplish this? Thanks, Jim
11
11

WTB; Walker Turner 16" bandsaw parts.
Let me know what you have, I probably need it! Thanks, John in Olympia.

Dining Room Table Refinishing
The dining room tables that you buy for about $3000.00 set with hutch seem to have a very thin clear coat on them. Does anyone know if it is possible to add extra clear coat to make it more scratch...
1
1