Subject Author Posted Replies

Remarkable
While at the university, one of my sons took a course called precision engineering or something like that. In this class one of the things they had to do was lap two pieces of steel until the steel...
13
13

bead board on rounded wall corners
I'm remodeling my guest bathroom and there is an outside corner that is rounded (in fact all the outside corners in my house are rounded) I'm installing beadboard wainscoting in the bathroom and was...
5
5

Woodworking Gift Ideas
Hello, We have a unique woodworking gift idea, and thought the group may want to have a look. It's not an expensive item, so it is easy for most to afford, and it's a neat way to get something for a...
9
9

Cabinet Saw time
I have been waiting some time for this as I sold off my Delta contractor saw last fall and have been out of the country quite a bit since then. I had settled on the Grizzly G1023SLW with the router...
41
41

Craftsman T-Slot help
Forget about the "T" slot. Just make or buy the runner(s) to glide in the slot alone. Something this small can be made on a cheap table saw, provided you think ahead. Tom
19
19

Festool DOMINO - the Beauty of Presets - Two More Gems
Okay, I buy the fact that they've done useful things with the presets...but there's nothing stopping a company from doing similar things with a biscuit joiner. Also, if the Domino is a "system" then...
16
16

Knock, knock
Who's there?
31
31

older sears scroll saw
################################################### Get a DeWalt scrollsaw. More money, but NO vibration. Smitty ################################################### On Apr 27, 4:06 am, "Max" > I am...
2
2

DOMINO "Presets" Slick (think No Layout Lines)
Still exploring the Festool's DOMINO. Since this thing looks and sort of works like a biscuit joiner I assumed the presets for the fence were the distances from bottom of fence to the center of the...

Is an air filter necessary
I agree with both of these recommendations - filter-on-fan is a lot better than nothing, and a respirator is really the best when you're making a lot of dust. I also have a home-built air cleaner that...
10
10

Leaving Air Compressor Full
OK, I misunderstood, This part threw me, Water vapour condenses when the water/air mixture is compressed. I probably took that out of context. Sorry. It'lneverhappenagainuntilnexttime. ;~) That's...
96
96

1/2" bead molding
1/4" radius and pass the 1/2" thick material through 2 times once each on the top and bottom. Use a fence to guide or the second pass will over cut if using a round over with a pilot.
1
1

Laminate in Phoenix?
i thought of that, but i need about a 1' radius curve, and i don't think it will do that. i'm diamond honing it also. i can't seem to find wacky wood locally either. thanks, charlie
4
4

Dubby Miter Sled
I second what Leon said - I've had two for several years and wouldn't be without it. Well worth the $$$. Vic
7
7

How much is too much?
It would be a steal compared to the last time I priced it! I was thinking of building Norm's table too, but 4/4 Cypress was $11 a foot in my area! It would have been a $1000 table! Greg
7
7