Subject Author Posted Replies

ADIRONDACK CHAIR - METRIC
Wed, May 2, 2007, 9:50am (mike=A0hide) doth query why keep making compromizes to the Euroweenies ???? You should know, any more than three question marks denotes a disturbed mind. It's the politicians...
3
3

OUTDOOR CHAIR - PDF
is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations? - Peter Egan Georgia-Pacific manufactures an array of building products, such as plywood, OSB materials, gypsum boards, and lumber...

SAWMILL FINDER
I've never heard mention of anyone googling for a sawmill finder. Google is our friend. Wood finder, yes; sawmill finder, no. So gave it a shot. As Elmer would say, "The wesults are vewwwy...

OT - In The What The Hell Category
Maybe that's why I've never heard of them. I'd definitely not waste my time in either of those activities. JOAT had the right idea.
22
22

North River Forge and Toolworks?
I saw a mortising chisel on eBay made by North River Forge and Toolworks (item #220108108389) and was wondering if anyone knew anything about this guy? I googled the business and came up with nothing....

table saw
Find a contractors saw with a cast iron top. No aluminum!! Mine works well for me (could use a smidge more power) and I have made a bunch of "somewhat decent furniture". Ignore the tool snobs that...
19
19

Shaper or router?
I'd agree with that - MUCH more versatile than a shaper. If money is your main concern, Amazon shows a Hitachi 3.25hp for $160 and a Makita 3.25hp for $200. I have a Dewalt 2.25HP, and I've never...
29
29

Gilding Pinstripes.
I'm going to gild a thin, say 1/4 inch border of white gold around a panel of birdseye maple. What is the best way to get clean straight lines. I'd planned on using blue painters tape to mask the...
4
4

Vacuum bag platen questions
I'm about to fire up my new vacuum press for the first time and was wondering what the consensus is concerning platens. I read on Woodweb that you only need a grooved platen on the bottom while other...
4
4

Baby Block Letters
Hey Group, I am trying to find a way to router "baby block" style letters. Has any one here ever found any templates? Most templates route out the letter, the baby block style routes out around the...
11
11

How to remove Stair Tread Nosing?
Hi, I am laying a laminate floor for a friend. I need to do about 6 steps too. In order to install the material on the steps, I need to remove the tread nosing flush with the riser. The nosing is...
6
6

Lumber Price Comparison Spreadsheet
Hi folks. Years ago, I wrote and posted an excel spreadsheet for comparing material prices at different lumber yards. The spreadsheet showed total material costs for each venue. Fast forward several...

3/4" birch plywood stain question
I use Transtint Dyes mixed with water, sprayed and not wiped. Works well. Cheers, JG > buy 4 sheets cheap from a friend of mine. Thanks for your help. >
6
6

bending wood
There are several methods. You can bend and glue several thin strips of wood together, clamping them to a form to cure. "Springback" occurs with curved pieces, maybe 5-15%. This is how long curved...
5
5

KALEIDOSCOPE - PDF
you don't ask the right questions, the answers don't matter. - W.S. Lind http://www.opticsforkids.org/resources/4_Making_Kaleidoscope.pdfJOATIf