Subject Author Posted Replies

2x6 T&G spruce for flooring
After a year of working on converting my garage to a studio/living spac I finally reached the time to do the floor, and I am planning to pu down 2x6 spruce T&G boards. I haven't gotten those yet, but...
6
6

Another question about Saw Stop
Okay .. don't yell at me, insult my family, or threaten to hunt me down and kill me (or worse). I have a simple question. Saw Stop obviously works on the principles of capacitance and/or conductivity....
2
2

Cam lock question
I am looking for a cam lock that has a straight bar with a center fastening to the lock. I can only find ones with single cams (from lock center out toward one side) When the key is twisted I would...
2
2

Newbie Router Questions
I have a nice table saw and compound miter saw but have little experince with routers. I built a number of cabinet doors with a friends help, using his equipment. He has about 8 routers, a number of...
14
14

drum sander usage - your preferences
Hello All, I just acquired a drum sander and was looking over the available grits and applications in the owners manual. My goal was to use it mostly for finish sanding with occassional rough sanding...
9
9

Delta Miter Saw Stop
I have a 12" Delta CMS, and I am having trouble finding an extension stop to mount on it in order to make repetitive cuts at the same size. Anyone know of a place that carries them?
1
1

Ouch
The piece ricocheted around for a bit... thank you leather apron. The sudden imbalance vibrated the router darn near out of my hands... like Donal Duck hitting a tree with a stick and getting some...
32
32

bending long skinny spindles for chair repair
I should have found this newsgroup before I finished this repair project. A relative brought me a rocking chair with one of its 5 back spindles missing (broken completely out). the spindle is 28+...

woodworking for preschoolers ?
SWMBO had a meeting at the preschool last night and is on some committee or another and one of the tasks is woodworking. I am at a total loss. Anyone have any ideas on what to do with a group of...
11
11

Round Over Problem- Too big for router?
I'm trying to make a shackle for a lock out of "Making Wooden Locks" by Tim Detweiller. I'm trying to make an oversized version- however- I need essentially make a 2" round, u-shaped piece of wood....
5
5

OT Humor: 59 and Pregnant....
A woman went to the doctor's office, where she was seen by a young, new doctor. After about 4 minutes in the examination room, the doctor told her she was pregnant. She burst out, screaming as she ran...

4.5 HP Needs a 30 Amp Breaker?
Flameproof suit on. Laguna says 30 Amp breaker on 220 Volt service is needed for the LT16HD (4.5 HP Baldor motor). My quick calc shows 4.5 HP on 220V is ~3375 Watts or about 15.3 Amp. Is the start-up...
21
21

Time for New ROS - Any Suggestions?
It's time for me to retire my Bosch ROS. I never liked the dust collection and now it has taken to unscrewing and letting go of the entire sanding pad, hub and all and shooting it across the room....
9
9

Shocked at lumber prices
I'm kind of price-shocked this morning. I requested pricing yesterday for some finished (thickness planed) and for 70.3 bd. feet of white oak was quoted CA$825 approx US$750. Are these prices...
16
16

Anybody done business with internetlumber.com?
Uh, what was I going to ask .... oh, yeah, has anybody done business with Before I commit a bunch o bucks I'd like to hear from *anyone*. Thanks - Chuck B
5
5