Subject Author Posted Replies

anti noise
i guess that shop noise from machines is mostly white noise but with compute power as it is i wonder if it is possible to sample the white noise and cancel fast enough so that i cannot hear it or at...
24
24

shop talk
having a hands free calculator in the shop would be useful anyone tried siri or one of the other talking devices that are out now
32
32

LED lights and glare
So after the FEIT's I also bought some other bulbs on sale eco smart I think. I bought the daylight bulbs. I put them in some swing lamps .. I noticed last night the glare was so intense that I could...
1
1

techshop.ws
each one is equipped differently look at the reservation calendar to see what each local offers but here is an example equipment list Epilog Helix 60-Watt Laser Cutters Tormach CNC Milling Machines 3D...
5
5

Are These Tenoning Jigs Worth The Asking Price?
How can I determine if either of these tenoning jigs are worth the asking price? What should I look for when inspecting them? Woodcraft has one on clearance for $60 but the reviews are terrible. Just...
13
13

mirror frame glue up question
I have a potential project to make mirror frames for a customer, glued but not installed. They want them out of door molding for the stiles and colonial base molding for the rails butted together....
8
8

Kickback
You know how you should always stand beside the blade and not behind it? And when you make a cut where there will be a little offcut, you set it up so it's on the free side of the blade? That saved me...
13
13

Has Anyone Heard Of Makerspace? (A Community Woodworking (and more) Workshop)
Just curious if anyone is familiar with Makerspace, either as a learner, a teacher or just a user. I came across this ad the other day. It sounds interesting if the equipment could be used on a "every...
29
29

Dado Balde
IIRC Mike was debating the choice of a new dado set. I just got an e-mail fro ACME tools. The Forrest 8" Dado King set is on sale for $249.99 until 1/28/2017 I don't know if you are steering that...
7
7

megatar guitar shop for sale
and only 35000 https://siskiyou.craigslist.org/bfs/5962695811.html Maker of custom two handed tapping or touch style electric bass guitars
4
4

3hp sawstop
would not call this excellent condition and the price seems really high even if it really was excellent condition https://eugene.craigslist.org/tls/5922294394.html
14
14

blade makers
in my quest for a dado or box joint or finger joint blade i have found a lot of blade makers collecting them here forrest freud ridge carbide oshlun grizzly has a woodworker's signature brand tenryu...
3
3

How long behtween coats of wiping poly?
Red oak. Minwax gloss poly cut 50 percent with mineral spirits. The first c oat is on for a little short of two hours. Feels dry. Ok to recoat? If anyone would rather argue why it is I'm using this...
10
10

Ah Ha ! band saws
Earlier this week, an article in the the Lee Valley woodworking newsletter mentioned LV now selling bandsaws - I went to their website to check - nuttin' .. Until today ... .. someone let the cat out...
3
3

What kind of nail gun?
I'm taking the flooring out of my front room, laying down 3/4 inch plywood and 1/4 inch cement board, and then tile. I want to use a nail gun to build additional 2 X 4 supports for screwing down the...
5
5