Subject Author Posted Replies

Tough day
I had to put my beloved dog down today. My wife came home yesterday and he was spread out all fours, lying in pee. He must have been that way all day. I rushed home, he was so weak. He could not...
14
14

Progress Report on the Office Library
A few weeks ago I mentioned that I was going to begin building the office library file cabinets and book shelves. On Wednesday I loaded up on white oak s4s 1x8, 150 linear feet, and a sheet of cherry...
16
16

Do All Sliding Miter Saws Do This? 45° Cut vs. Blad e Guard
Is this a "feature" (read: bad design) of my Bosch CM10GD miter saw or do a ll sliding saws have the following issue? This is just a curiosity question , not something that would make me return the...
6
6

cooperative shop investment and funding strategy
seems like a good idea to fund a cooperative not a horrible investment as member dues should cover it and you get a vip lifetime membership http://techshop.ws/invest.html
14
14

Woodworking Places Near Clermont FL.?
Will be spending a week in Clermont Fl. Would appreciate any info on woodworking places or woodworking tool business to visit and maybe leave them some money. Thanks. Vic
6
6

Woodworking Show disappointing
SWMBO and I went to the Indianapolis Woodworking Show yesterday -- wow, what a disappointment. Fewer vendors than ever, it seems, in the smallest exhibit hall yet, and more than half of the show floor...
42
42

Best Ideas to Finish a Bathroom Vanity in Red Oak
Hey, everyone! I made this bathroom vanity, my first big build, but now I'm stuck on the finishing. I can't for the life of me figure out how I'd like to finish it! I want my bathroom vanity to NOT...
7
7

shop ventilation
read a very sad story of monoxide poisoning and a couple died along with their pet cats they had a 3d printer and a laser cutter in their apartment now it got me thinking about co generators in the...
9
9

what can a waterjet cut
seems that it can cut just about anything not sure why wood is not on the list but would expect that it could easily cut wood Acrylic Alloys Aluminum Bacon Brass Broccoli Bronze Cake Carbon Carbon...
9
9

another shared woodshop
similar to techshop and makerspace but you can also pay for dedicated space This website is for sale! adxportland.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for....
4
4

My New Bosch Miter Saw Is Defective. :-(
Some of you may recall that I recently bought a Bosch CM10GD miter saw on Amazon. I spent some quality time with it this weekend and it looks like it is defective. I called Bosch tech support this...
71
71

table saw sleds
seems that everyone uses a sled on their ts well at least in the videos i have watched i like the idea and so i am making one or maybe two if you have a sled do you use the same one for dados or do...
17
17

one more dado
looking for consensus should the two outside blades have the teeth aligned with each other i was thinking that having them offset is better and similar to the spiral cut model on planer blades that...
2
2

So Easy an Orangutan Can Do It
She'll be cutting dovetails by April! Subscribe and πŸ”” to OFFICIAL BBC YouTube πŸ‘‰ https://bit.ly/2IXqEIn Stream original BBC programmes FIRST on BBC iPlayer πŸ‘‰ https://bbc.in/2J18jYJ A wild...
6
6

flat bottom dado cuts
first setup gave me a convex curved bottom cut swapped the outside blades and now i get a flat bottom cut seemed logical to place the labeled sides under no load the 6 inch dado set is much quieter...
9
9