Subject Author Posted Replies

Extractor fan
Is there any advantage in installing an extractor fan in my garage workshop? It measures 8ft x 8ft x 16ft. I cut a lot of MDF. I use a shop vac connected to my router, saw etc, and a dust mask but...
4
4

humidity and stair construction
Hi all, I have contracted with a builder to construct some open riser stairs from ash in my home here in Maine. He keeps delaying construction and I am worried that further delay into the humid summer...
2
2

Bookcase Backing
Hello, I am thinking of building a bookcase. I am wanting it to be done rather nicely(ie. dovetailed tops, wooden standards, sliding dovetails, ect.). However, I do not know what to do for the backing...
16
16

Received the Grizzly 1023SL
Well, I was able to sell my Craftsman contractor saw. After some posts here, I decided to purchase the 1023SL. I ordered the saw last Tuesday, got a call from UPS on Friday to come pick up my freight....
3
3

FS: Fine Woodworking mags #52-128 complete
For Sale: Fine Woodworking magazines in excellent condition. Issues 52-128. Includes FW index for issues 1-100. Asking $70 In Madison, WI, area. Leave contact info. Thanks.
1
1

Evening class in Glasgow
I'm looking for an evening class in carpentry somewhere in Glasgow. I'm not looking for a professional qualification, just something light for DIY projects. More general DIY courses might also suit....
6
6

Biscuit joiner
I have the choice between the DeWalt(DW682K), $198 or the PC(557) for $279. I'm leaning towards the DeWalt mostly because of the price. Any opinions? Thanks.
65
65

dopey question - beer ring
I put my beer down on a nice Stickley table yesterday and walked away. Now there's a water ring and I'm angry with myself. Is there any thing to do? For the table, I mean. TIA, Dean
7
7

Saw A Wooden Boat
Doing a bit of cruising today, lovely weather, some classical playing. Nice. And saw a truck pulling a trailer with a woden boat on it. Similar to this. the ends were straght up and down, the sides...
6
6

To recommend a site:
To recommend a site: Buy a domain and see how a premium domain can be the best investment. Your business starts here. Buy a domain today.

They make Shelf Brackets 3.75" x 10-14" ??
Looking for some shelf brackets for shelves that are 14" deep. But they rest on a 3.75" panel on the back so I can't use big L shapped brackets. If I could find a 3" x 10" bracket that would be nice,...

A tale of haevy tools and old age
Since I picked up my new lathe, I decided it was time to reorganize my workshop to allow better use of all my tools (and to get the lathe out of the middle of the floor). This is the first time in 4...
3
3

Question about wood grain on a deck
We recently had a deck built from cambara. The deck boards are flat sawn and so they are nice and smooth. Some of the boards on the top of the railings seem to be quarter sawn and I am seeing "flake"...
2
2

wall cabinet coming off
Hi, I will greatly appreciate if anyone can guide me in right direction on this. Our kitchen wall cabinet is coming off of the wall from the top side. Not only this, the outer frame is sliding out of...
8
8

low-end HVLP spray systems
I'm thinking about buying a low-end HVLP spay system. Turbinaire has one that retails for about $800 dollars US. Same for Fuji. Are there other brands to consider? Which is best?
15
15