Subject Author Posted Replies

Kerfing to flatten a countertop?
Hi All - I bought a wooden countertop at a high-end cabinet shop's yearly yard sale last summer. It's 90"L x 25"W x 1.5" thick. I brought it home on the top of my jeep, and it cupped. Good side up,...
3
3

Starter Band Saw
I'm considering purchasing a bandsaw. A big step for me since Mr. McDermot my 8th grade shop teacher scared the crap out of us regarding the dangers of bandsaws. So safety is a big issue as is I hate...
11
11

Looking for lumber, Wichita KS
I've finally gotten something of a shop set up and can start working wood. The only problem is I know of several home improvement stores locally but haven't run into a good lumber yard. So I'm asking...
12
12

Delta Shopmaster TS200LS miter slot
So, I've got this Delta TS200LS table saw, and it has a non-standard miter T-slot. It's just a skooch narrower in both width and height, but no standard accessories will work. Anyone know where I can...
6
6

Ever have a day like this?
A day, when you know you have a thousand things to do, but just can't get motivated? A day, when you spend sorting screws, making neat piles of used sand- paper, sharpening screwdrivers, re-rolling...
15
15

Recommend a good website:
Recommend a good website: Buy a domain and see how a premium domain can be the best investment. Your business starts here. Buy a domain today.

ELECTRIC SCOOT-CAR - PDF
is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations? - Peter Egan green-trust.org http://www.green-trust.org/junkyardprojects/FreeGoKart

Metal "French Cleats" - How Much Weight?
I'm working on a hall wall worth of shelves and cabinets (see a.b.p.w. The Next to the Next Off The Wall Project) and, rather than take them to the floor and do moulding around the base, I want to...
13
13

Buying a house, Aluminum Wiring?
*That* is a bit too much, don't you think? That's overstating the case a little bit. Properly installed and maintained, aluminum wiring isn't substantially more dangerous than copper. The big problems...
24
24

IPE as decking material
Time has come to redo once again the deck outside the house. I have used and hated : CCA: shrank split and looks nasty by the fifth year Composite: Stains, supports mold , does not come clean(power...
18
18

Get all the adult pics and movies you want, and they are all free!!!
Get all the adult pics and movies you want, and they are all free!!! http://www.s3oodi1.com/register.php

need replacement blade guard
I just got a classic craftsman tablesaw "Craftsman 100" model 113.29991. It's in great shape but it has no blade guard. Any suggestions where I can get a blade guard/splitter/pawls assembly that I...
5
5

Ridgid 12" sliding power miter saw laser question
I am wondering if there is any way to adjust where the laser line is on my saw? If I put the laser line exactly on my mark, the cut is always about 1/16th over length?? I guess I could remember to...
1
1

Finish for Birds Eye Maple w/Bark
I bought a slice of Bird's Eye maple as a plaque to mount a weather instrument to hang on the wall. The slice has a birds eye maple pattern on the face but it also has a beautiful bark pattern around...
4
4

Workbench
I am almost finished building a workbench in my garage. This is my first wood working project and I am very surpised at how it turned out. But I need help to finish it. Does anyone know of something I...
17
17