Subject Author Posted Replies

Another Question on Tool Storage
6 Days of cleaning and organizing, I finally got the new lathe to fit in. Not well, but in. I built a tool holder for the lathe that mounts on the table behind the lathe and high enough to reach all...
5
5

The importance of testing on scrap
I'm looking for options. While trying to figure out a way to clamp this carcase, I tried one way that sure won't work. Hot melt glued-on cleats and today's veneered cherry plywood don't mix very well...
5
5

Medicine Cabinet is not shutting flush anymore.
I discovered this morning that my wood medicine cabinet is not closing flush anymore. The top part is still open about a 1/8 inch or so. I do not think it is the hinges since when it is open and even...
5
5

My Shop is almost (re)done
6 Days of cleaning and organizing, I finally got the new lathe to fit in. Not well, but in. I built a tool holder for the lathe that mounts on the table behind the lathe and high enough to reach all...

What is it? CLXXII
Just posted the latest set: http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
13
13

Conitnued Domino adventures OR Leon gets an MR
This is actually ripped from today's headlines, but I didn't want the principals to miss it as it is no fun to kid folks when they don't know you are. So I started a new thread. All in good fun, guys....
9
9

Honest Home Business Reviews!
Looking for an honest work at home business reviews! That is what we're here for. We were tired of finding businesses that didn't deliver what they promised, at this website you will find the best...

What is it? (Unofficial edition)
Not mine, just found it while browsing - any guesses (or real knowledge) as to its purpose? (eBay item 120126340837) Andy...
2
2

Antique Power and Hand Tools
I don't want to SPAM the group but I found in a warehouse purchase a number of drill moters, hand planes etc. Example is a circular saw I put on Ebay link below. I just hate to trash tools with a...
4
4

some 3d work and inlay on the cnc
There is a demo part I made with cut3d. This is made from ipe with a lot of bit overlap for a smooth finish. It still needs some sanding but not a huge amount. It took about 1 hour to make it I used a...
3
3

Walnut Crotch
I have a black walnut crotch from a tree that was cut down just over a year ago. I'm guessing some here, but its about 4 feet tall and around 30 inches at the top of the y. It has spent most of the...
6
6

How many Cherry bowls can you use?
No offence to the Cherry bowl people. But I recently cut down a couple of Cherry trees for a neighbour and acquired all the pieces for firewood. I had considered getting them milled, but the useable...
4
4

Logs to lumber
I lost a fairly large elm tree during the last storm. I remembered seeing a chain saw attachment in a HF add. I figured...why not? Didn't like the enclosed instructions, so I built a plywood jig with...
7
7

Purpleheart surprise
So, I ordered 20 board feet of purpleheart expecting to get the usual 3 to 6 inch widths. Got some of that, but also got one board 12 inches wide and 66 inches long. What a surprise. Now I just need...
5
5

Turn on the TV
Channel 13 is showing a series called Craft in America. The episode on now (8:00 - 9:00 EDT) features a segment on Sam Maloof, as well as another furniture maker and a basketmaker. It's followed by an...
15
15