Subject Author Posted Replies

easy sawmill to build yourself
Hello everyone If one of you want to build an excelent portable sawmill I recommend this site think that there are many people interested in build by themselve a less price. I did not need experience...

Gymseal?
Has McCloskey stopped making Gymseal? =8^( This is my all-time favorite floor and trim finish! Simple to apply, way more durable than home-center polyurethane on floors, easy to touch-up and looked...
19
19

Any one have Grizzly dovetail jig?
Any one have a Grizzly HO983 dovetail jig that can give me the spacing measurements on the template mounting holes. The reason I ask is that I picked up a dovetail jig at an estate sale and it has no...
2
2

Removable Fasteners
I want to fasten one square wood frame to another in a fashion that can be easily removed. I'm thinking wing-nut sort of thing, but more attractive. Only one side of the piece will be accessible while...
29
29

Inlay help
I'm constructing a patio table and need help with a procedure. Drawing posted on APBW. I have a hexagon frame out of 10" x 2.5" cedar. that has been cut but not biscuited and glued yet. I am going to...
2
2

Sotheby's Important 20th Century Design Auction
Some lovely pieces up for auction. Might pick up one of those nice Greene & Greene chairs (700-900k) or perhaps some nice Nakashima....
4
4

Need a good source for Craftsman/Missionary Front door
We are renovating a bungalow style home and would like to put a nice Craftsman or Missionary style front door on in a Mahogany or Cherry type wood . The one at the hardware store the builder is using...
5
5

draw boring an M&T joint
Hi, I plan to draw bore an M&T joint but I'd like the exposed peg to be square. The piece is maple and the peg is ebony. AFAICT, I've got two options: 1. I can round 90% of a square peg or I can 2....
7
7

W T B - Performax 10-20 Benchtop Sander.
If anyone has one for sale or knows of where to get a good price, please let me know. Neil Larson

Rosewood Studio
Its a sad day, Rosewood Studio has ceased operations. In case you didn't know, Rosewood Studio was a school for fine woodworking in the Ottawa, Ontario region. They brought in quality instructors like...
1
1

Zero clearance table saw insert with replaceable wood strip
Looks like the manufacturer is packing it in. Wish I'd bought one when Grizzly was selling them for around $60. Personally, I plan to make my own... 1. Make a regular zero clearance insert from mel...
19
19

Mission Sideboard - experimental prototype
Here's an all but finished (no top coat/shellac) prototype, whose purpose was to experiment with a rather unusual approach/method of doing the basic casework for a piece of this size: of the old wider...
11
11

SawStop #1 story in last 24 hours on Digg
Just to show how can sometimes be Johnny-come-lately, it may interest readers here that a story/video demonstration about SawStop has become the #1 story in the last 24 hours of Digg; it currently has...

Re: Handheld circle cutter
Sorry for the repost, but the original did not show up on my server. Yes, I meant a flycutter. I'm sure I could make it somewhat safe with the rod and a brace to stop the drill from breaking my thumb....
1
1

Is A SawStop Table Saw Worth the Money
Me too. I put a "to-the-bone" notch in the end of a finger a few years ago with the saw's motor off. I flipped the switch off, started to walk away, and realized I had left a cut-off piece on the...
125
125