Subject Author Posted Replies

I Have Fount The 3M N95 Respirator With Valve Very Good
I like this respirator as the valve means that my glasses do not fog up as they can with other dustmasks. There is an article about them here: All the best Ged This is very popular - keeps dust out...

Tool Prices
Wow, I have not watched the pricing of Festool products closely, the ones that I have bought. 5/26/2007 Domino Set $694.00 Today $970.00 5/26/2007 Domino assortment w/cutters $200.00 Today $305.00...
32
32

answer is straitoplane
question is how do you make usable lumber from warped lumber 24 inch jointer planer model 5235 is a direct descendant of the 1923 straitoplane btw they do have some nice looking machines they also...

Hickory Lumber
Got 2 of the 5 hickory logs milled, 2" thick. Each of the larger boards w eighs about 125 lbs, I suppose, and difficult to handle, readily. One side of all the logs have lightening strike damage,...
4
4

wood mold study
had some stacked scraps outdoors and noticed was surprised to find out which ones grew mold and to what degree douglas fir had some but not a lot and it was whitish redwood had tiny amount and was...
3
3

kids better than a sawstop
he bought it the kids came the saw sat and now he is selling it probably joined the and is using the cnc https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/tls/6012263835.html
1
1

Tommy MacDonald's new shop
While, Tommy is no Norm, he does some interesting projects, he's speech pat tern is a bit off putting but he's a friendly guy according to people I kno w who have worked with him. Currently, he's been...
38
38

more affordable cnc setups
looks to be well made with stiff aluminum extrusions for the frame you provide the surface to mount to allows different devices to do the cutting 4x8 cuts and under 3000 including the electronics and...
1
1

[OT] Motion Sensing Light
Or does...then doesn't. BTDT
31
31

deal on reconditioned bandsaws
not sure how the price compares to the competetion but at 875 it seems like a good deal on these although with no warranty the price could be a little high but since they are known to be working and...
1
1

Woodpeckers does it again.
I have to laugh, got this in the mail today. I have this tool from the 1970's Woodpeckers AngleSquare MultiTool. While not annodized, it was about $10 back then. The patent has surely run out. It's...
13
13

Progress on the Office File Cabinets
I have the cabinets assembled and the drawers are built. Here are a few shots of the details of how the drawer divider rails fit into the side dado's along with the slide spacers and slides in place....
8
8

Under stair storage question
I have an under stair area (kitchen) with door. Will be demolishing old stair case (leading to attic bedrooms) due to steep slope (attic bedrooms) and shallow tread. Upon installing new stairs (longer...
31
31

Re: Removal of old window putty???
Also, old window caulk can contain asbestos John T. If you own an old house - with todays’ energy costs - it’s likely that one of the first renovation projects you’ve considered is replacing old...
6
6

Steve LaMantia
Any old timers left on The Wreck, and any woodworker who ever heard of Scary Sharp(TM) will know of Steve LaMantia. He was the author of the well known piece, and he had an ubiquitous presence here...
5
5