Subject Author Posted Replies

How It's Made - Dollhouse
Damn a bear, just watched 'em make a dollhouse on How It's Made. Absolutely fascinating. And got some nifty ideas. Very interesting how they rout out the windows. They use a template that holds...
2
2

Why is it....
Why is it that projects designed to use up scraps end up producing more than they consume? I've been on a three week long "use up the scraps" mission. With six small projects now either complete or...
8
8

Ebay Madness, Habour Freight HPLV for Sun Tan?
9 stupid bidders at Ebay, current bid $162.50. Freight for the same Electric HVLP paint sprayer item for $59....
7
7

Wooden cam clamps
Does anyone know where I can get wooden handled cam clamps? I want to put together and dovetail jig and those might work well to hold the stock in place. Thanks, S.
4
4

Roofing repair question
The new place has a tin roofed shed, I need to replace all the nails in the roof with screws (the water proof roofing screws). When walking upon a tin roof (corrugated steel) can you step off the...
11
11

Setting Planer knives
I recently bought an old Boice Crane model 640 12" thickness planer that was in serious need of an overhaul. The overhaul is now nearly complete. I've reached the step where I'm putting the blades...
1
1

Good Customer Service
My neighbor is moving out and was clearing out his shop/shed. He gave me his old work light. You know the kind; yellow stand with three legs and twin 500w lights on top. It wasn't the Harbor Freight...
1
1

Kiddies clothes tidies (Latest Inspiration)
G'day all, A link to some pics of my latest project. Tried posting to ABPW but nothing is showing up. So if interested nick on over here have a look. regards John...

Anyone know of a decent free/cheep program for designing projects?
Wed, Jul 11, 2007, 6:01am (EDT+4) (redice) doth come in and sayeth: I am looking at building a 18 foot Jon boat and I want to design it on paper/the pc first I would love to be able to find a program...
16
16

OT: Bosch Rotary Hammer in Canada? 11236VS
I can buy these for about $200 US, but the are at least twice that in Canada. Any ideas for a supplier in Canada? I'd also like it yesterday. :-)
2
2

Re: Dovetail a drawer
If you head out to the shop to actually do what you watched Mr. Klausz do you'll quickly discover that though you are sure you remember what you watched, you didn't - even if you watched the tape a...
2
2

Got Lucky for a Gloat
Went into Lowes to check out cordless screwdrivers as I seem to b e loosing a lot of tools lately. Anyway after looking at the Hitachi I made some comments about them looking like tennis shoes as I...
3
3

Ah, the irony or Zen of Norm
Ok, Was watching an old Norm show on DIY and it was the TS jig show where he talks about his old panel cutter and how he would like to update it. Well, if we want one like his new one, he will show us...
18
18

It works! Apologies to Mr. Gorman
I need to make another rocking chair and there will be 40 plus m&t joints. Most will be 1/4" wide, 3/4" to 1 1/4" long and 1 1/8" deep. I've made three chairs before, so the mortise chopping doesn't...

question about Leigh D4 jig fingers
I'm trying to get set up to cut end on end dovetails with my Leigh D4 dovetail jig. I read the book on setup, then I re-read the book on setup. Thought about it for a couple of hours, then re-re-read...
5
5