Subject Author Posted Replies

Static pressure with 15' of 4" hose on a cyclone?
I am looking into buying a cyclone and have narrowed it down to 2. One fan curve is almost flat, while the second is much higher at low static pressures and much lower at high static pressures. The...
2
2

Jointer or Planer
A question to the group. Given a choice to buy a new tool, what would you buy first, a jointer or a thickness planer? Thanks for any suggestions.
38
38

Regarding stanp2323 (loser) the product was labeled "BRAND NEW" and was a refurb
Advertised as New - Arrived loose w/o Original Packaging and stamped REFURB
2
2

Twin Cutter Saw
Harbor Freight has one on sale for $139.0 and I thought to ask the group if 1. Anyone has used one of these, 2. What for 3. What's it god for, etc. Any feedback appreciated.
7
7

OT High speed internet update
Thanks to all who responded to my inquiry about my options for high speed internet service in an area where DSL is not available. We ended up with Nationwide Connect, a cellular broadband company....
3
3

Anyone use either the Oneida Portable or the JDS 2hp Cyclone?
I am looking for a cyclone that will fit under my 90" ceiling and handle a single machine connected through a 4" hose. Oneida recommends their portable; they say that when choked by the 4" hose it...
4
4

Pre-newbie jointer question.
A friend just off-loaded on me an old 4 inch "precision" jointer: A Delta Homecraft, mfg is Rockwell, etc. It's on top of a rather ugly stand, sans motor, and the jointer would need a lot of cleaning,...
8
8

fence gate decorative window
I was wondering how to go about adding a round frosted window to the my redwood fence gate. I am planning a circular flange (trim) to hide a frosted window design (actually I think it will be a piece...
1
1

Captain's bed design advice
Hi, folks. I'm finally getting to the captain's bed project and am impressed with the myriad of design decisions that must be made. I'd appreciate hearing the voice of experience from you on some of...
4
4

Raising rack for Delta 16-1/2" drill press
The lower 12" or so of the raising rack on my Delta 16-1/2" floor drill press broke off. Anyone know how to repair this? Or, is there any online vendors that sell replacement parts? Any alternatives?...
3
3

Need Help with Physical and Aesthetic Centre of Gravity on Speaker Stands (w/pic)
: Hello everyone, : I started on my first bit of woodworking not related to home renovations : tonight for the first time in a real long time. : I lost the shelves that my small bookshelf speakers...
2
2

Looking for good twist drills (and maybe some advice)
press for drilling metals. It must work because I haven't broken a bit yet. I recommend using thread cutting oil. It seems to work better than regular lubricating oil. As for drill bits --- It's not...
17
17

router bit source
Does anyone have a source for a 40mm core box router bit? I've DAGS and not found anything. For the imperially-minded, this is roughly 1 37/64 inches. If you find it on google, I submit to your...
7
7

Cedar staining
Greetings All, We are having a new porch built out of cedar and really enjoy the natural look of it. Is there a general concensus about the best treatment to preserve the new look? It's a small porch,...
7
7

Sharpening Jointer Blades
How does one sharpen a 6 1/2" long joiner blade? Can you do it yourself or must one have them sharpened by a pro? Otoe
14
14