Subject Author Posted Replies

Deck stain - Behr Semi-Transparent Stain with Nanoguard
Hi The local Home Depot is carrying a deck semi transparent stain - Behr "Premium Semi-Transparent Weatherproofing Deck, Fence & Siding Stain". The product info is at product is offering the longest...

10 percent off at woodcraft
tomorrow, until the next sale that is. http://www.woodcraft.com/corpnewsletter.aspx?refcode=75IN07NLonly
1
1

Need parts for JET bandsaw
Hi - The bearing ring directly behind the bandsaw blade froze on my JET JWBS-14 bandsaw yesterday. It has happened before and I was able to lube it a little and get some more life out of it. But now...
5
5

Gross Stabil PC2 Clamps more than 50% off at Woodpecker.com
I got this in my email yesterday, and I thought I'd share, since I'd already placed my order. :-) Clamps will ship beginning Tuesday August 7th, 2007. PRODUCT NUMBER CAPACITY* REG PRICE eCLUB SAVE...
4
4

Internet surveying with EZquestionnaire
Hi , Hope you are doing great. Recently I needed to conduct a survey on Employee Satisfaction at the work place to design an employee retention program. I was searching on the net for help on...

Which 3hp bandsaw to buy? Grizzly/Jet?
I just sold my 14" Delta because it really wasn't up to cutting big turning blocks. So now I am under the gun to order its 3hp replacement. The two choices seem to be the 19" Grizzly and the 18" Jet....
35
35

Best saw to cut 2.5" butcher block?
I've got a piece of butcher block counter that I salvaged. It's roughly 2'x6' and 2.5" thick (really heavy). I need to trim it down to fit a new location to about 1.5'x5'. What do you think would be...
10
10

So what do you do with your planer chips?
Had a few pieces of furniture to make, so went by the sawmill and bought 70 bdft of cherry. Saw mill (also a friend) gives me two prices, $1.50 if I take it as it comes off the stack, and he'll decide...
23
23

NYWS 20th season only 5 projects
I was watching Norm being interviewed by Popular Woodworking's editor and he indicated that there would be 4 pieces of furniture built on the last 4 episodes and the first 9 episodes would be...
10
10

INSPIRATION - Checker-Chess Board
Be easy enough to make. I'd have two, one facing each way. JOAT I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do them. - Picasso...

INSPIRATION - Toilet Paper/Magazine Holder
This actually looks pretty nead. I guess the magazines are for if you run out of TP. JOAT I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do them. - Picasso

EXPERIENCE - Doing The Same Job The Second Time
Made my morning tea yesterday, complete with the obligatory caffine. And my usual boal of oatmeal, not for regularity, a colon resection takes care of that. Later went out to make another cuppa. No...
15
15

Seasoning / sawing pecan log...
Folks, In the buildup to my new shop, I had a pecan tree that was (kind of) in the way (leaning way over where the shop would ultimately be -- thus the smart thing is to get it down now). Since one of...
1
1

Open House, Tool Raffle, Freedom Pens
The Wild Earth Woodworking School, Hudson, Wisconsin, is hosting an Open House on August 4, 11-3. (Rain date Aug 11.) The Open House is a way for prospective students to see our facility and meet our...

Stupid move #7526
So I've been working on these scrap wood stars that involve cutting little bits of wood at all sort of angles, some pieces that even I am not stupid enough to try to cut on the miter saw. So I made...