Subject Author Posted Replies

Delta 17-900 chuck removal
Can anyone advise me on how to do this ? The owners manual doesn't say. I thought running the quill down, I'd see a space for a drift. The slots in the quill are there, but the taper goes in higher...
2
2

Hitachi CW40 16" Variable Speed Scroll Saw
New scroll saw, not all that much user feedback on the net yet, and thinking about getting one. Has anyone used one, the bad and the good?
1
1

Recycling a DC?
I am asking $225 for my 2hp (okay it is only 16a, but it could be 2hp) cannister DC on craigslist but am getting no response. Next try would be eBay, but I don't want to go there for an item that...
18
18

cut a circle on a tablesaw?
Don't try this at home... Master craftsman George Berry, "The Woodguy" shows how to quickly and easily cut a circle on a table saw. George Berry, "The Woodguy", has a master's degree in woodworking...
13
13

Phone in the shop?
When we changed from a hard-wired phone system to a set of wireless handsets powered by Vonage, I lost my phone-triggered flashing light in the shop. What do you guys do to hear, or see, that the...
33
33

Staining Maple
Ok, first off, I hate staining maple. Not because it's difficult but I generally want maple to look, well like maple. But, I've made some floor thresholds out of hard maple and now need to match them...
12
12

Does Horrible Ebay Seller Stanp2323 have a Virgin Mobile lawsuit pending against him??
Item was broken, tried to resolve but was told to send in to motorola. Horrible! Trademark case filed on March 12, 2007 in the Michigan Eastern District Court
1
1

How to prepare or store a section of trunk for furniture or decorative use?
I have a section of maple tree trunk thats about 4" thick. The diameter is roughly 3 feet. Tree was cut down about 2 months ago. It's been sitting in a storage room (70f, 40-50% humidity). How should...
1
1

Old hand-driven drill press
Maybe something of interest for someone in the OH area. (You'll have to manually join the two lines, my news provider thinks that this is a commercial posting if I leave the link intact. As usual, no...

Babbitt Bearing Service Limit
Looking at an old 12 inch jointer. Have dial indicator. Anyone have experience enough with these old style bearing to offer an opinion on the service limit for vertical play? R

Power Feeder Recommendations Wanted
I need a feeder mostly for sticking and panel raising on 3/4" stock. Your favorite brand? 3 or 4 roller? What HP? I'm kinda lost, as most cost about the same (+/- $200) Help appreciated. Woodstuff

Vapor barrier coating for particle board
I am going to install some kitchen cabinets. The structural parts are plywood, front are solid, but most of the rest is particle board. The mfr calls it something else (furniture board?), but it's...
21
21

Decided on my next project
I've decided on my next project. I'll need some pointers if you have any to spare - but I'll try not to wheedle too much. So My intent is on making a gun cabinet, out of poplar. Poplar is cheap,...
6
6

Delta mortising attachment 17-905 up for grabs
My dad recently upgraded to a dedicated mortising machine. He's keeping the bits, & chisels but the drill press attachment is up for grabs for anyone in the USA or Canada who is willing to send me $10...

Re: how come you aren't paying for advetisements like LEGITIMATE companies
Maybe that's how he made his money by using free advertising.