Subject Author Posted Replies

Working curved surfaces?
Thanks for all the suggestions. It sounds like I'm doing it about right, but a pattern and the router is one I didn't think of. Rich.....
7
7

Pat Pickles' Jig Dolls Party - Google Video
There's a new film about jig dolls on Googe Video. - Chris Brady. http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=464446710907721742Enjoy

How to make Walnut look really good?
I'm going to get some Walnut for some small projects, just wondering what would "pop" the grain and make it look deep. Thought about natural Danish oil, mixed 50-50 with polyurathane, with a couple of...
4
4

Installing a stairway bannister
I posted about a week ago for help on material selection for this bannister. Now I am posting for help on how to install it. I am trying to match the existing rail on the right side with a new one on...
1
1

How to make a bandsaw semi-mobile?
I have a 19" Grizzly bandsaw coming in tomorrow. As it stands, the table height is exactly the same as my table saw so I can put them next to each other and save much needed space, and they can act as...
8
8

Making Bird Houses From Logs
If anyone is interested in downloading my ebook, How To Build Bird Houses From Logs, please "log" into the official rustic woodworking website. website is packed full of other information, tools,...
2
2

What is it? CXCI
Just posted set 191: http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
14
14

OT: OK - somebody tell me how they do this
http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/mindread/psychicSparkle2.swf
3
3

whetstones? water, or oil-based
Hi, I've been into woodworking for a while; just transitioning to marblecarving. An instructor gave me what seems sound advice that to polish the marble, rather than chewing through sandpaper, to use...
4
4

Three Phase Pugmill
Hi! I'm a potter who acquired a used deairing pugmill designed for three phase power, which I don't have and don't plan to get. Can a static converter succesfully run it on 220? Or should I switch out...
4
4

Router table insert to mount router
Anyone recommend something available that includes the jig or pattern to cut the table top? Thanks
8
8

Request for store experience in Seattle
Anyone from Seattle, have you ever been to Blackstock Lumber over by Queen Anne Hill? A friend recommended them to me and I wanted to kind of scout it out a bit as the trek over there is a bit much....

Prazi Chestmate dovetail jig opinion wanted
Which one seems hard to use?
3
3

White Oak Wine Barrel Staves $1.00 each*
These staves are used to make wine barrels. They have a slight toast on the inside and not the heavy char like our whiskey barrel staves. Staves are slow growth, tight grain, quarter sawn, white oak....
1
1

OT - A Good Day
Went to Lowes to get a refund on extras from the well project. Stopped for an ice cream cone on the way home. Pulled out in the right lane, and, as usual, put the pedal down about half-way, just to...
27
27