Subject Author Posted Replies

One last question (today that is...) on buying rough hardwood
That's why when I buy my lumber I like to chalk out most of my cuts. If I am buying a 6" wide piece of 4/4 maple and there is a split at one end, I will check and see if I can use that section for a...
32
32

OT - Problem Squirrels
For those of you having problems with squirrels recently, I think I found the reason why. do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do them. - Picasso

Wood Sharp
I have noticed the Wood Sharp Sharpener. There is a 2000 model and a 3000 Model. What can you tell me about them. Anyone have one and want to comment ? Dean
1
1

Sideways hand cart
Well done, now go get a patent on it! jc
9
9

Dremel Tool Questions
Is that the 10.8v lithium ion version or the older 4.8v?
45
45

Mounting Old Linoleum on stained wood:
Not sure where to post this??? I have some old, worn, rustic linoleum. Some of it looks like it's pressed onto a rough burlap / type material. I'd like to stain some hardwood plywood, and "mount" the...

Need help with jointer purchase
I have lurked here for years but this is my first post. I have an opportunity to get a Rockwell 8" jointer model 37-315. The information I have is from an internet posting & a phone call to the owner....
5
5

tiger wood article
tiger wood article
1
1

Belsaw 910 Parts
Try Woodmaster in Kansas City. They were formerly involved with Folley. Don Dando

Belsaw 910 planer?
I have just acquired a Belsaw 910 planer that needs some work and a little TLC. Does anyone know where I can get parts and information on this machine? TIA Jay Cups
6
6

How do you make DNA?
"marc rosen" wrote Pun intended - If you have time, could you come up with a cure for cancer while manipulating that DNA?
12
12

squaring bowed wood
Let's say you have a long board that has a bow to it - nothing huge but maybe 1" deflection over 8 feet on a 6" board. How would you remove that bow? I'm thinking about it and wonder, because you...
12
12

Spot Stain Problem
Hello Fellow Woodworkers, My five year old, white oak coffee table has a spot stain and I havn't a clue what might have caused it. The stains are not from a glass...at least they are not in the shape...

Rare wood finishing
The store that I was at today dealt with specialty woods. So it begs the question in mind, what finish to do you put on rare woods generally speaking? For example they had lots and lots of zebrawood,...
7
7

Terminology explanation
Yeah, there are all sorts of ways to figure it given there are feet and inches involved. I personally found a tape measure that had the BF scale on the back of it similar to what the lumber yard uses...
11
11