Subject Author Posted Replies

Titebond III for Exterior
I know that TB III is waterproof. But will it stand up to freeze/thaw cycles in an exterior application? I have a 75" brick opening in which I am going to replace a patio door, which requires a 72"...
9
9

OT - Homemade Hummingbird Feeder
Neat. Simple, once you've read about how it goes togetherr that is. Not sure if I'll make one, but I think my older son might, I've printed a copy of this out for him. I'd like to hear if any of you...
9
9

Powermatic Model 66 table saw
eBay: http://easyurl.net/Powermatic_66
1
1

Chinese-made dead-blow hammer stinks.
knock you on your ass after almost two years. If you've ever been to China you would know that this, and the rubber smell you're having trouble with, are the things that actually smell good!
24
24

OT - Religious Humor
My 80 something year old mother sent this one to me, and she's not even Catholic. A new priest, born and raised in Texas, is nervous about hearing=A0=A0confessions, so he asks the older priest to sit...
2
2

Need Expert Help on Doug Fir for floors and outdoor trim
Hi Group -- I am hoping there is someone out there with some experience with crazy ideas. I know that this is kind of a hard question and that's why I'm appealing to the group for help. I have an idea...
6
6

Wood Glue Question
We are anticipating a production line assembly of wood boxes. All sides, top and bottom assembled at once then the sides/ends cut to create a lid to be hinged. This make a "no run" glue important. To...
2
2

Does anyone use Earthlink?
Same authentication problems here. When they sent the operation to India they lost most of the people who knew what to do. Immediately after that it took forever to get anything fixed. The last time...
9
9

Router collet too tight?
I wouldn't be putting any oil in the collet myself. It's supposed to be tight. It's supposed to take some effort to get it loose. You're spinning that bit at 20,000 rpms and cutting into wood with it....
18
18

what are laminate "wood" floors really made of???
I am considering putting laminate flooring in my basement. What are these floors made of anyway? It looks like some kind of hardboard or MDF base, but is the laminate a real wood veneer? To me it...
4
4

HVLP gun upgrade?
to successfully spray >shellac for a number of years and really don't have a WHAT!?!?!!! Of course you do!! Unless you are saving for a Domino... turbine that comes with it Absolutely 100% correct....
11
11

OK, Another Use For So-called "Screp" Wood
And, if you don't have kids, or grand-kids, go ahead and make some anyway, and play with 'em yourself. JOAT I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do them. - Picasso

Table Saw Blade
Mount your router in the router table with a 3/16" bit? I have made plenty of plywood shelves using a 3/4" router bit and a routing guide. I have not seen a 3/16" saw blade. So what is wrong with a...
11
11

Hardboard Torsion Box?
"George" wrote in news:E9Xsi.37340$ If I were doing this, I'd probably brace the 3/4 ply anyway. Not necessarily with 2x8s, but maybe 1x4s. That way, you don't get any unwanted movement with the 3/4"...
11
11

Veneer?
I'm in the process of dressing up the interior of my sailboat. I've done come cabinets, chart table, small galley, etc. Not, perhaps, perfect work, but nice (enough?). I'm considering a larger...
6
6