Subject Author Posted Replies

Mirrored Medicine cabinet.
I am looking to make a medicine cabinet 4 foot wide by 30 inches tall +or- and 6 inches deep outside measurements. I am planning on three mirrors hinged in such a way as to be used for make-up or what...
7
7

Poly question
Can I apply a water based poly over Watco? I want a clear coat and oil based poly tends to run to amber.
5
5

Help, cutting stair stringers
Need to cut stringer with 16 risers, each at 7.33 inches. (total 117-5/16"). Have a decent square and pair of gauges (clamps) that I acquired way back in the 60's. Question: If I am off only 1/16" per...
14
14

Old tin ceiling tiles-- restoring, NOT stripping
Hey, all, I know this is a woodworking site, but hey-- there's 1x3" strappi ng under this thing and I find you guys among the most helpful and knowledg eable people out in the Google groups community,...
6
6

A challenging project.......
Stumbled over this one today, almost want to buy the plans. or just the YouTube.... Missing some of the tools but could try and make it work Make your own! Woodworking plans are available at...
3
3

what is it ?
Link below - at an auction sale tomorrow, about an hour from me. Some sort of specialty clamping device .. ? Browse the other woodworking tools while you're at it. John T.
3
3

For You Dedicated Harbor Freight Shoppers
5
5

For the NON-Neanderthals out there.
For the NON-Neanderthals out there. OK, showed a video for those Neanderthals that enjoy working by hand. This one is NOT about wood work just yet, but shouldn't be too long before I can email this...
4
4

woodworking friends
A group of 45 year old woodworkers discuss where they should meet for dinner. They barely agree to meet at the Steakhouse and only because the waitresses have low-cut blouses with nice cleavage. 10...
12
12

nice oliver table saw restoration
looks very fine prefer the new color scheme Oliver Restoration Guide
1
1

marquetry and parquetry
have heard of parquet floors and had heard of marquetry but had not heard of parquetry saw the parquetry techniques used by a japanese box maker and it is very interesting not sure what material he...
11
11

OT New experience
We went up to Outback for supper this evening. Across the front of the restaurant were 5 signs for handicapped drivers, and one titled "Military Veterans--Thank you for your service". Never saw a...
4
4

Problems with 16.10 upgrade
Sorry for my late response to this thread. I lost the connecting thread and now something weird has happened to the pane layout in my Pan news reader. Anyway, many thanks to Mike Easter (Apologies for...
2
2

For the Neanderthals out there.
Someone sent me this video of a guy making a nice dining room table for his wife. I thought those that liked using hand tools, I call you neanderthals of course, would enjoy all the hard work. Myself,...
11
11

Floor medallion
Fifteen years ago I rebuilt my house and had new hardwood floors installed. They are red oak (3/4?) over a plywood (3/4?) subfloor. Well it?s time to have them refinished, but before I do, I? d like...
4
4