Subject Author Posted Replies

Router Table Footswitch Control Idea
I built a router table out of a salvaged Subway table, drawers from an old office desk found curbside and some 5/8" plywood shelving I found in the house I bought and had to tear out because of the...
13
13

Bending Wood Question
Hey Friends, I am bending 1/8th strips of shag bark hickory to make Native American ball sticks. For some reason, the wood I harvested is cracking during the bend unlike any other hickory I've used in...
11
11

The unoffial glue test.
I wanted to test fine woodworking's glue tests to see if Titebond III Ultimate Wood Glue glues oily woods better then gorilla glue. Well I wanted to get as accurate as possible so I used the same...
10
10

Craigslist 12"jointer/14" tablesaw
Not mine... thought there might be someone interested here... John " Jointer 3hp 3ph belt drive Very good condition 14" Wadkin Table Saw 5hp 3ph 52" Beismeyer Fence both machines well maintained in...

Dremel question
There is another dremel question floating around, but I don't believe it addresses my question. I use my Dremel to sand tight corners in wood projects. But the behavior of the Dremel concerns me. When...
3
3

Hoping the glue holds
I hosed a up a delicate piece of oak I was working on with the jigsaw. The cut is fine, but as I was making it the slim section I was working on just fell off - like it'd been cut by an inviisible...
4
4

Looking for a Good 14" Bandsaw?
If you live in SFO, this is definitely a good buy for $300! I am not the seller but would have grabbed it, if I have not bought an almost new American-made Delta 14".

STORMTROOPER SUIT
Yes, it does use some wood. And, I'm sure there's at least one of you just dying to make one. I'm not the one. JOAT I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do them. - Picasso

aircompressor -- It would be nice if....
It would be nice if someone could come up with a way a compressor could serve a dual purpose such as a vacuum pump in addition to an air compressor. I was thinking about inventing some kind of a...
5
5

Police: Man Uses Nail Gun to Kill Wife, Then Himself
Police: Man Used Nail Gun to Kill Wife Police: Man, 77, Killed Wife, Then Himself, With Commercial-Grade Nail Gun The Associated Press STAFFORD TOWNSHIP, N.J. A 77-year-old man killed his wife and...
18
18

interesting comment re: Festool circular saw
A seemingly fairly experienced woodworker recently made a comment to the effect that he would never again use a table saw to cut plywood. He got the nifty Festool saw. Whadya'all think? Thanx Renata
18
18

How important are small leaks in cyclones?
I have a new Oneida Portable. There are a few small leaks where the bottom of the cyclone is attached to the dust drum. I have heard that a perfect seal there is important, so I am concerned. These...
4
4

Where to find quick connect dust collection fitting.
Hi, I have to share my dust collector with a number of tools. I saw an ad somewhere about a quick fitting dust collection connector. It was a 4" connector that connector to your tools and mated with...
3
3

What Belt Sanders to look at?
Found myself pulling the old Ryobi 21" belt sander out of the bgox yesterday and noted that's one of my tools that really, really needs to be replaced. It's served me well for several years but is...
16
16

How to prevent tearout in soft maple
Hi, after reading a million magazines and taking a few courses I thought I'd try to build something besides a bird feeder. So I'm in the process of building a side night table. I went to a local saw...
7
7