Subject Author Posted Replies

Wooden gate problem
After having a new patio wall built, I decided that I would build my own Southwestern style gates. One opening is 3' wide and the other is 4'. I decided to build the three-footer first to work out the...
6
6

Plastic wheels for wood toys?
I've made a number of wood toys for my daughter (well, about 20 years ago) using wood wheels and axle pins. Lately, I bought my one-year- old granddaughter a set of three toy vehicles that use plastic...
3
3

rafter layout
Can someone tell me if this is a feasable way to layout commons. lets say its a 10/12 with a 20' span. i look on my framing square, and it says "COMMON RAFTER LENGTH PER FOOT RUN" for a 10/12 it says...
4
4

What not to do with a dust collector
Ok, so I get this new machine in June and get it working and hooked up (an athletic event). Worked great and pulled 2 and sometimes 3 machines when I forgot to close the blast gates. Everything was...
2
2

Fine, fine work
If you haven't seen this guys work you shoukd take a look. OMG! Inspired to aspire. http://www.furnituremaker.com/index.htmStunning.
2
2

Doweling Jigs?
I'm looking for a decent doweling jig for doing face frames and likely other things. I like the DowelMax, but I like my $260 even more. Any recommendations for a good unit?
8
8

Bandsaw blade offset problem.
Hi I hope someone can help. I have just received my bi-monthly ration of new blades from regular outlet (cash deal) but the cut has a serrated edge. This is for both the 1/4" and the 1/2". Previously...
4
4

Tallahassee, FL Lowes Clearance (50% off!) on Biesemeyer B6-30
I was at the North West Lowes in Tallahassee earlier today and saw that they had the Biesemeyer B6-30 fence system for $200, 50% off their price. I don't know if any other stores have it at this...
5
5

Refinishing old table - best method to redo table edge?
I am currently refinishing an old dining room table. This is the first project like this that I have attempted. At this point I have sanded down the top surface, removing all the old polyurethane and...
2
2

Can I get a decent dark cherry finnish out of cheap wood?
The wife wants a shelf over two windows that abut in a corner of our bedroom. She also wants a small piece cove molding to come down like a mini-valance in front of the top of the drapes. I priced out...
4
4

Electrical wiring
In recent posts I have heard mention of 12/2 and 10/2 wire, as well as 12/3 and 10/3 wire. What is the difference and what would you wire a new shop with? I assume the 12/2 and 10/2 mean with ground.?...
70
70

An old brand but new to me, Lawrence McFadden
Several weeks ago I learned that Bartley finishes had been acquired by Lawrence McFadden. Apparently Lawrence McFadden has been around for quite some time and is a family owned business. I was...
7
7

Mildew / mold on MDF
Today I noticed that my MDF cutoff box was covered inside and out with a white and green powdery growth. I'm not smart enough to determine what it is. None of the other wood in it had any growth on it...
3
3

Applying High Pressure Laminate
I'm building a router table extension for my table saw. MDF with a high pressure laminate (Formica) surface. I've read descriptions of similar commercially available products. One manufacturer claims...
17
17

pin OaK?
just had a pin oak fall in my mothers front yard is this wood any good for woodworking?(worth have a mini mill make planks?) thanks Len
3
3