Subject Author Posted Replies

REQ: Cabinet Making Software ie. cabpro?

Refinishing an old table
I am refinishing a table made in the Philippines in 1946. The top is two pieces of lauan, 40x20; screwed to two pieces running perpendicularly. It is then just set in bamboo base. The lauan pieces are...
4
4

Swirleys
No, not the swirleys that were executed in the High School boys room by the bullies du jour, but the marks left on wood from sandpaper.. I usually am fanatical in my sanding through the grit range and...
19
19

lacquer durability?
Spraying the kitchen cabinets with Hydrcote and noticed little whitish "dings" in the finish. Corners, mostly. Doesn't seem to take a lot to cause this damage. Haven't recoated to know if it's easily...
26
26

rockwell/delta 12-14 table saw
anybody know if a scoring saw attachment will fit this saw?
4
4

Table saw blade help
Who makes the best 10 inch table saw blade. I would like a blade that will do rip cuts smooth enough for a glue joint. I will be building a corner cabinet out of black walnut so I figured I had better...
21
21

OT - Free show tonight: Great Perseiids Meteor Shower
Expected to begin between 9pm and 10pm your local time. Watch to the northeast - show is courtesy of Comet Swift-Tuttle. You can find more information at Dovey DeSoto Solar DeSoto, Iowa USA
12
12

Dangerous Table-saw stand
Ran across this Craiglist ad......Twas not a table-saw "danger" I ever considered>....although some assembly instructions might lead to suicidal thoughts. a NEW 10" Craftsman table saw. Old owner died...
4
4

The Illusionist
Did any of you see the movie? If so, surely the locket in there would have gotten your attention. Any ideas how one like that 'wood' be made?
12
12

Woodworker in Germany
404 - Not Found

Paste Wax on Fe Tools?
Ever leave paste wax (wiped on thin, but NOT wiped off) on your cast iron tool tops (jointer, TS top etc.) in between projects? I know I won't be starting anything else for a few weeks and I noticed a...
20
20

Staining
I'm going to stain some trim work, but it's a mix of red oak & pine.I don't want to make it too dark, a light pecan color would be good I've tried a few test but as you can imagine the red oak looks...
4
4

Curing Black Walnut
I have some black walnut trees that I am going to cut down, and was wondering the best way to cure them? Saw mill before or after drying? Thanks Eric
3
3

GLOAT
I got tipped off by my son, who is a sales rep for a lumber mill, that they where going to get rid of their "exotic" lumber. Seems that the boss has a hard time passing up a great deal. He has 18...
10
10

Stirling engine runs on coffee
It's made of paper, which as JOAT will attest is made of wood...
27
27