Subject Author Posted Replies

The mystery of the disappearing olive...
Noticed a water leak by the mains stopcock which cuts off the feed to the header tank while allowing the rest of the mains system to still be used. It's in a dry (or was) cupboard. Turned out to be...
10
10

Wrighton Kitchen doors
I have a Wrighton kitchen called Warrick - a nice oal colour. I want to put in some extra units which are not a problem but I want to match the doors. Originally Wrighton was a unit in Homebase and...
1
1

CH radiator question
I had a double radiator installed replacing a single rad, overall dimensions were similar.A thermostatic valve was installed at the same time. Whilst the new radiator gives out more heat than the old...
15
15

Spotlights in bathroom ceiling
Are there special types for use in a damp/wet environment? Thanks, Rob.
12
12

Underfloor Heating Advice
I'm considering using underfloor heating (wet) in a new conservatory. 3 areas are causing me concern if anybody has the answers:- 1. Some websites seem to claim a heat output of 70W/sq m for a...
6
6

Lifting boards with a metal tongue?
I need to lift (but not keep) half a floor comprising of 7.5"x1.25" boards. the boards are not T&G but square edged with a 1" wide metal strip acting as a tongue between them. I've not seem this...
8
8

Loft Insulation
I have just had my loft timbers/joists treated for woodworm, and getting the house rewired soon. After that is all done, I am going to put insulation down. However I have some questions about it. Is...
187
187

Large built-in kitchen bin?
Having just moved my washer and drier out of my kitchen, I now have 2 x 60cm wide under-worktop spaces to fill. I thought it would be nice to conceal a big rubbish bin in one of them. All of the ones...
3
3

Good consumer unit
I'm looking at replacing my old fuse box with a new consumer unit with more MCB ways. The three I'm considering are: MEM Memera range MK Sentry range Wylex NH range Quality is more important than...
31
31

valiantcombi boilers
anybody know where to get schematic diagrams for valiant range of combi boilers thanks
2
2

Drive and Garage Base
Are there any resources available online that would tell me what sort of groundwork should be done prior to laying a block drive and concrete garage base? I had a quote from a local guy recommended to...
3
3

Boxing things up to move house...
Sorry if this boils down to a "why don't you go and %$^&*() phone them", but I live in hope someone can help! We're soon to be moving house and although we'll get some big burly blokes to shift...
18
18

Replacement Kitchen Doors
Can anyone recommend a good cheap supplier of replacement kitchen doors thanks
6
6

Indelible Marker pens
Hi all, Where can I find the above? I'm after the type that you can flood the tip by pressing it in and they will write on anything. I seem to recall that Pentel used to make them, but I've drawn a...
15
15

Ladder Towel Rail or Radiator?
Hi all This could be more involved than the subject header suggests! I am refurbing 1970s bathroom and intend to replace the radiator. Currently there is a single panel convector rad installed 450...
10
10