Subject Author Posted Replies

Inventive Connectors
Hi all, I'm thinking of making a screen out of dowling rods and material, which would have separate sections. Something like - ----- | | | | ----- | | | | | | | | ----- Sides & middle bar being...
7

Re: How much to repair roof leak
- Jim Kee - - Nehmo - Probably I crossposted news:uk.d-i-y . There're a lot of UK NGs that really shouldn't be NGs on thier own. The subject matter often isn't geographically different form that of...
1
1

oil lines
Does anybody have opinions on which is best for the copper pipe between an oil tank and the boiler - standard brass compression fittings or the SAE fittings that one has to flare with a special tool ?
25
25

Spare battery charger cradle needed for Black and Decker 3.6V screwdriver KC9019
Hi, I have a B&D cordless screw driver in perfect condition - and no intention to replace it. Through poor design and poor storage of the charging "cradle" the LV lead from the plug / transformer is...
9
9

Tightening Essex Flange
Hello All, Does anyone know where I can buy a 1 7/8" box spanner? I've recently purchased an Essex Flange for my hot water tank. I've drilled the hole, fitted the flange (using soft wire supplied). My...
4
4

Waste Disposal Problem
The waste disposal unit under my sink has packed up. Flick the wall switch and all you get is a faint hum, but no grinding of gnashing of teeth. It was working fine, then the next minute it wasn't....
4
4

double dimmer
Double dimmer (two knobs) in a double metal box: Does anyone know who sells these? This is an elongated switch fitting into a double socket box.
4
4

Door saddle/threshold
I've just tiled my hallway with slate and put a floating semi-solid wooden floor in my livingroom (glued tongue & groove). The house is new, so existing floor was just bare concrete with door saddles...
5
5

Removal of bitumen adhesive from concrete floor
Does anyone know of a good way to remove black bitumen adhesive painted onto concrete? It's the type used to stick parque flooring in place. Chipping it away with a hammer and bolster chisel does a...
5
5

Glow worm Swift Flow 75 combi boiler problem
Inside my boiler is a Grundfos switch with a dial for numbers 1/2/3. the boiler works fine when this is on 1 but if i switch it to 2 or 3 (which i assume will make the water hotter) the boiler will...
20
20

Appropriate lid of cold water tank
When we moved into our house a couple of months ago, there was no lid on the domestic cold water tank in the loft. I cunningly fashioned one from a sheet of exterior ply, but now find, only two months...
3
3

Water Softener for combi in very hard water area
I know this has been discussed many times before on this NG but just wondered if anyone had any personnel recommendations drawing from their own experience rather than anecdotal evidence.
63
63

Alternative for Asbestos?
Hi, Yesterday we had a brand new Johnson & Starley warm air unit installed in the kitchen. The problem is when the old unit was taken out, the gas man found a sheet of asbestos which separated the...
13
13

Mains water pressure too high?
A problem with my plumbing... advice appreciated. I was sitting watching the TV last night. Central heating off. All water taps off. Washing machine off. Everything off. The plumbing in the kitchen...
11
11

Rexon site saw
B and Q have the 12 inch rexon site saw (which is massive, on wheels with extension table) at only 74 pounds, seems like a good buy to me. MrCheerful
3
3