Subject Author Posted Replies

Advice on Domestic Electricity Supply 'Quality'
Hi Folks, I'll try and be quick as this computer tends to shut-down a lot. Recently I've been having problems with my PC either failing to boot, or 'dying' after about 5 mins or so of use. I thought...
18
18

Spur from a ceiling rose?
Hi All, I'm installing a 2nd ceiling rose upstairs and it will be running a dreaded(?) Ikea LV lighting string thingy (so the load won't be too large). The reason I'm putting another rose in is that...
1
1

Where to buy a Honeywell CM 67 RF programable stat?
Hi, Where is the cheapest place to buy a Honeywell CM 67 RF programable stat?
7
7

Pressure high on baxi combi boiler
I have a problem with a Baxi 105e combi boiler where the pressure is constantly rising and blowing out of the pressure relief valve. The filler pipe is disconnected so no chance of filling from there....
1
1

classic aqualisa
I'm trying to take one apart to fit a new cartridge. According to the diagram, there should be four screws holding the cartridge in, hidden underneath the temp control lever, and none holding the...
1
1

Electrical Supply to Loft Conversion
We're having a loft conversion done and the electrician that tiurned up today, said that he'd just run the sockets & lighting off the existing 1st floor stuff... ANd not run a new line from the...
5
5

Black sanitary silicone sealant?
Does anyone know where I can pick up a tube of sanitary silicone sealant in black? I'm based in Bristol and have seen an abundance of white, clear and 'brown' but not black... It's for a granite-grey...
13
13

Custodian alarm monitoring phone number
Does anyone know the phone number for the alarm receiving centre called Custodian. I can only contact them by dialing my alarm company's premium rate number and would like a regular telephone number...
1
1

Repairing sills
Our house is part of a council estate (but has been in private hands for many years) and the window sills are concrete. Some have a pronounced join where they meet in the middle, and others are...
3
3

Diverter valve diaphragm damage
I've just had both the diverter valve and expansion tank fail on a 1997 Worcester Combi. Having taken the old valve to bits, I found the diaphragm to be almost crumbly... The rubber looked like tree...
3
3

Cooker switch neon indicator
My cooker switch is wired in a way that the neon indicator is always on, whether the switch is on or off. Is this correct? (I am under the impression that the indicator should be in sync with the...
11
11

Room divider folding doors
I want to put a five foot wide opening between two bedrooms so that we can use both rooms together when alone in the house and then close the doors when our children visit. However, I cannot find...
2
2

Best way to repair cracked render ?
There is a small area of render, on the outside of a ground floor timber framed extension of my house, which every year seems to suffer frost damage. This year it was particularly bad, one crack is...
1
1

Fridge not working
Hi, Got a frost free Bosch fridge we bought in 1998. Just recently, since the weather has gone bad, it doesn't seem to be getting as cold as before, esp in the freezer area. I can hear the motor come...
1
1

Compressor Installation Comments
We have a compressor mounted on top of it's own receiver. The compressor itself consists of two single phase compressors feeding into a receiver. The single compressors operate on a...
2
2