WRF is non-adult social care?

Looking at my council tax bill, the foollowing apply
Non adult social care £1376.87 Adult social care precept £69.63 Police & crime commissioner £216.00 District council £174.02 Pa3ish Council £56.65
TOTAL £1893.32
So 72% of my council tax is on 'non adult social care'
What exactly the fuck is that? education?
A web search reveals no answers unless you can formulate a bettter query.
Non adult is children I'd have thought. Its a nonsense having a split. its been going on for years. In the old days some councillors had a three way split in the budgets, children, working age and older people etc, and if you were disabled and moved between them you ended up with a different team every time you moved. All councils are now obliged to pay more for adult social care and its shared cost wise with nhs, or should I say, that its commissioned jointly. The idea is that health and welbeing are grouped together for a more 'joined up' approach. The reality is that a lot of both are given to charities ( third sector) and private companies for cheapness meaning fragmentation once again. They do not seem to get the importance of managing services for people not for lowest costs.
Brian
--
----- -
Whatever they call it, it's a drain on the taxes. Tax payers are funding things they don't want to.

--
If you spin oriental folk till they are dizzy, do they become disoriented?

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Presumably it's intended to be read as "non-[adult social care]" rather than "[non-adult] social care"
so child services, schooling, emptying bins, mowing the village green, local roads, etc
<https://fullfact.org/health/council-tax-and-social-care-explaining-your-bill/
On 09/02/2018 09:43, Andy Burns wrote:

That was my reading of it too, but it's an odd way to identify the spending.
PB

At least two of those are not going to apply to that section of OP's bill (for county services, where there are separate line items for District and Parish).
--
Roland Perry

Yes.

Yes, although in this case some of those are not functions of the county council. So a better breakdown would be:
County Council (other than Adult Social Care) County Council (Adult Social Care) Police and Crime Commissioner District Council Parish Council
In unitary authority areas, it would be different.
Mark
On 09/02/2018 13:19, Mark Goodge wrote:

That is how ours are broken down too. Fire & rescue also gets a line. Each showing a different percentage increase which looks suspiciously like the max allowed in each line item. +2%, 3% and 3.2% are popular.
--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Mowing the village green is the responsibility of the Parish Council, if you have one.
--
"People don't buy Microsoft for quality, they buy it for compatibility
with what Bob in accounting bought last year. Trace it back - they buy

Bins and roads. The only things the council should be doing.
--
Confucius say man who sniff coke, drown.

From the size of the number, yes, much of it will be county-funded education.
--
Roland Perry

Roland Perry wrote:

Given the largest item of council spending is adult social care, I suspect that 1/3 of the "non adult social care" *is* actually adult social care, just that it happens to be the non-precept part of adult social care ...

It's what they call "Children families and adults", in Cambridgeshire. The biggest slice so which by far is schools.

--
Roland Perry

On 09/02/18 09:51, Roland Perry wrote:

Shame they didn't educate the bureaucrats that write this rubbish

Everything else that isn't ring fenced for adult social care.
Education, bins, libraries, roads etc.
It would make much more sense if they broke it down into the chunks that represent >10% of budget and then had a final category "other".
I suppose they are obliged to report how much they spend on adult social care by the law so that is exactly what they do. It isn't enough which is why the hospitals are clogged up with elderly people with nowhere safe for them to be discharged to. Care homes outside the SE are going bust if they are dependent on mostly local authority for their income.
--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Almost 2 grand council tax? No wonder you voted Brexit. Must be a lot of pikeys living there claiming housing benefit.
--
*Whatever kind of look you were going for, you missed.

Scotland, I am on £1435 per year and 33% goes to pay their pensions! Not disclosed in their reports but info from freedom of information.
On 09/02/2018 16:40, ss wrote:

Yes the Local Government pension bomb has not exploded yet. It will be a national problem.
Will make Carillion look like childs play.
https://goo.gl/1uUBgy

Should never have existed in the first place.