Worst Tool Abuse / Misuse

Umm... barbed wire is usually secured with 40mm staples. The other problem is that modern posts treated with non bituminous products seem to encourage rusting of the staples.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Are you *really* asking?

Open up WorkMate with jaws a few inches apart, wide enough for cable reel to drop down....diameter of reel parallel with long axis of Workmate. Copper tube through reel, rests on two sides of Workmate and G-cramp holds tube from rolling.

Or anywhere else you like to put it, I guess...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Women whose husbands take the garage/workship keys with them everywhere have to do the above - and others - all the time. We don't regard it as abuse but as invention. Necessity demands it.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Well funny you should say that because I had to go creeping round our house a 5 in the morning a couple of days ago armed with a 1" bar from a barbell set because SWMBO woke me up thinking there was someone in the house. Turns out that the ladder (stored in the living room natch) had fallen over because the projector screen, which it was tied to, had slipped down a little. I would have been funny at any other time.

Reply to
doozer

From school days, how to open a bottle of wine with only a pair of mole grips and a screwdriver...

Use driver to remove screw from bathroom door hinge, clamp into mole grips use as corkscrew before returning screw to the hinge!

Reply to
John Rumm

If its a contest, I think youve won!

NT

Reply to
bigcat

I'd envisaged the copper tube being aligned with the long axis of the workmate, being gripped in the vice, protruding from the end, and couldn't see how a G-cramp fitted...

Much better - and I can see why you wondered why on earth I was asking the question!

I'll be doing some wiring this morning so will give it a go!

David

Reply to
Lobster

It took you six months to paint a ceiling?

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

A pair of pincers used to pull horses' shoes off is *well* able to cope with "40mm staples" I can assure you!

Reply to
usenet

It was the Sistine Kitchen...

Reply to
Bob Eager

No :o). It worked well enough that I used it for most of the ceilings in the house.

Reply to
doozer

How did you get the paint off the hinge?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

LOL! That's cheered me up this morning - first smile of the day :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Scaffold tubes and planks to make a rolling slipway for a portakabin towed by an insustrial tractor..

Angle grinder disc mounted onto hand held drill to cut soil waste pipe lower than floor *from the inside*

A blowlamp makes a useful cigarette lighter when SWMBO has nicked all the others and put them in her handbag.

Broken telscopic aerials make great drills if sharpened, into very soft material - balsa or foam...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That reminds me...once used a dumb-bell and a 3ft piece of wood with two battens nailed to it to move a 25ft boat about a mile. Wood under keel, dumb bell under wood...about eight people round the boat, and we just 'walked' down the road...

Reply to
Bob Eager

I don't recall it being a problem - so it was either not painted that well, or it was easy enought to chip away from the screw head (probably using the mole grips as a hammer on the end of the screwdriver!)

Reply to
John Rumm

Hey, that could be a possibility for my portakabin disposal problem (see another thread). I have all the requirements:- portakabin scaffold poles (could use round fence posts too) tractor

The only problem is that I don't really have a destination! :-)

Reply to
usenet

Reply to
Mary Fisher