Wind turbines a complete waste of money

We've all been spun bullshit about how efficient they are.

The payback time is probably somewhere over a 100 years. They need to be renewed about every 20 to 30 years and many cost over a Hundred grand each.

Reply to
Bod

Nothing new there then. Have you a link to the source of that tasty morsel?

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Bod

Drivel. Do you actually know the difference between payback time and efficiency?

harryagain

Bod

What has an article a bout the USA (completely different weather /politics) got to do with the UK?

Reply to
harryagain

What has an article about the USA got to do with us?

Reply to
harryagain

You never read that did you? Wind farms are not about creating jobs shit-fer-brains.

Reply to
harryagain

Not a complete waste of time as everything wears out. However I do think all renewables are based on calculations which cannot be substantiated. IE climate and wind in particular are pretty transient things to base a whole industry on. I am reminded of the speed that old sailing clippers were replaced by steam power once it became an option, as the wind was fickle and it meant many ports had to have reliable trade winds nearby.

Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

I don't.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

A bit like the real cost of nuclear power then?

Reply to
Charlie

well no the real cost of nuclear power can be calculated, and that's why its surrounded by leftislation, because it is inherently pretty cheap, until you add regulations to it, and that just keeps ratcheting the costs up, and then you add activists against it, and that adds yet more costs.

And then you demand that every last radioactive atom is removed from it with a teaspoon, and that adds yet more costs.

And then you demand that those teaspoons be transported in lead lined containers in trucks that will never ever have an accident to a place so far away that not one neutron might ever escape, and that adds more cost.

The sad fact is that our civilisation will collapse, not in a nuclear holocaust, not on a welter of dangerous waste, but in a welter of incompetence, because in the end, democracy has proved but one thing: mots people are too stupid to vote.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

leftislation? Like it.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Those mots are so inconvenient.

OK now I get it, your real name is Mussolini and I claim my prize.

Reply to
Charlie

Nobody knows the cost of nuclar power because nobody knows how to dispose of the waste. Or if it's even possible.

Nuclear waste disposal is craftily ignored Even storing the waste is a huge cost.

Reply to
harryagain

Well tomorrow we will see hoe many are stupid enough to vote UKIP.

Reply to
dennis

Well tomorrow we will see how many are stupid enough not to vote UKIP.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That'll be the vast majority then. Hopefully Farage will then cease to pretend he's one of the mythical lads down the, now closed, local. He's an arrogant, divisive and dangerous establishment prat whatever he pretends to be. Maybe he'll bugger off to golden sunset land and take his intolerant followers with him. Although I would much rather they see how they have been deceived by him and get back to being tolerant citizens of a tolerant United Kingdom.

Charlie.

Reply to
Charlie