Why don't they make cars like Scalextric cars, so you pick up the current from contacts on the roadway. With a slot it could even steer itself and then as it keeps the battery charged, when you turn off the main rod it retracts the guid and goes on to ove

--
----- --
Dunno. But let's hope that the subject line length never gets to be infinite.
On 20/10/2018 08:11, Richard wrote:

Overtaking would be hell.
And people stepping on the conductors would be electrocuted
--
When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over
the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that

make it under 50 v ....

I can see practical difficulties. How about inductive charging lanes on motorways though?
--

Roger Hayter

On 20/10/2018 11:07, Roger Hayter wrote:

On the subject of perpetual motion, car shock absorbers could pump up a reservoir of compressed air that powers the car.
The more potholes, the faster you go ....
On Sunday, 21 October 2018 10:48:23 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:

that's not perpetual motion, it just harvests a percentage of otherwise lost energy.
NT
On Saturday, 20 October 2018 08:28:09 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

it unplugs while overtaking.

That has been solved. I didn't take note of which line did it but there's something that delivers under a volt to a human foot standing on it when flooded. IIRC the conductors are several inches down.
NT
Richard wrote:

I could only read to " retracts the guid and goes on to over" whatever that means.
"Richard" wrote in message

Sort of like the Trans and Trolley Buses that I used to go to school on perhaps - OK the power was up high so safer (ish)
Andrew
That is the second time my newsreader has shoved the rest of the message in the sub line. testing 124 Brian
--
----- --

five and nine plus sixty in East Cheam OM .....

A poor workman blames its tools.

You failed. Top yourself thoughtfully where some little kid wont find the corpse swinging in the breeze.
No please, that’s an order.

On Sat, 20 Oct 2018 08:08:22 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
In other words, personal trams. They don't exist, for the same reasons that public trams are so rare.
--
Dave W

because it would pick up too much fluf .....and it would have to be rear wheel dive....
Because hardly anyone would want a car that couldn’t do anything but follow the car in front of it, stupid.

yes the gotta get past at any cost mentality...that is how I got my new liver from a fatality on the A7 ........
On Saturday, October 20, 2018 at 10:44:35 AM UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

It has already been done: https://www.thelocal.se/20180413/worlds-first-electric-road-opens-in-sweden

Nope, the fucked if I want to hang around behind the car that someone chose to go to the supermarket in, while they wander around the supermarket for hours deciding what to buy and yacking to others mentality.

You should have been told that dregs like you should have the plug pulled on them instead.
On Sat, 20 Oct 2018 08:08:22 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:
The little copper braids wear out.