Why does all energy saving tech burst into flames?

First it was electric cars and buses, now its air fryers!

The Natural Philosopher

I think this is unfair, things were bursting into flames long before they were energy saving. I've seen in my youth, mK1 Cortinas burst into flames on the A3 and the folk only just managed to get out. Blamed wiring loom. Then there have always been a numb of kitchen devices and other things including fridges that have done the same. We had a vacuum cleaner by Trident that did this once I don't think your theory holds water. Anything with a power source can catch fire, Early TVs were notorious for it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Brian Gaff snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote

Happened with a mate's 200x Mercedes, fortunately no one in the car at the time, it was parked in the carport and would have burnt the entire house down if someone driving past hadn't noticed the fire and called the firebrigade. No one in the house at the time.

And heaters.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Yeah, how to put out a chip pan fire was something I was taught at an early age. Don't panic, turn off the cooker gas, a chopping board over the top of the pan, or a damp tea towel to smother it, don't throw water on it. It must be 40 years since I cooked chips, but I still remember.

Reply to
Pancho

Yes well heaters aare a given of course. Its normally that they get knocked over by a pet or somebody tries to dry washing over it. If you want to do that get an oil filled one. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff