where to measure temp on radiator when balancing

Yes, 'cos I didn't use a slide rule to calulate it!

Reply to
Roger Mills

That's on Otis King calculator. I have two of them. One used to be father's.

RobertL

Once upon a time; IIRC in the early-eighties, I attended a talk at the RAeS, The speaker was a high ranking BAe guy - might have been the MD or somesuch,

He gestured to his tie whereon was a tie-clip in the form of a two-inch (or so) slide-rule.

He said that summarised his role in life; when he was a grammar school lad, he had a 10 inch slide-rule, then he became an engineer and had a Scientific rule with lots of scales; then he became a design engineer and purchased one of those fifty-inch cylindrical rules (for accuracy),; then as he was promoted his slide-rules became redundant and all he had now (then) was a symbolic reminder of nose-to-the-grindstone days at the draughting board.

Mine's in its plastic 'scabbard' inside the original cardboard box (heavily reinforced with sellotape) and is sometimes brought out to demonstrate to the grandkids.

Hmm; two times three ...; Scale B (1) to Scale A (3) .... cursor to Scale B (2) ... read off cursor on Scale (A) ... hmmm; 5.99 ... call it six!

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

Probably with my rubble sacks :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I wonder where my Dad's has got to? He did show me how to basically use it but I doubt I could remember. Just to put modern technology in perspective, watch Apollo 13 when mission control are checking the burn calculations. Man went to the moon with pencil, paper and a computer with about the power of a Sinclair ZX81.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In message , Dave Liquorice writes

You believe the USAers went to the moon?

Reply to
Si