Whatever happened to......

local

Not sure of colours (think there was blue red green and maybe white) but was in timber merchant again today and took a closer look - it seems that Bostik was definitely the make but it said Viking on the top of the stand they were on.

Glad to have been of service for a change!

-- Jan

Reply to
mate

"stuart noble"

Huh man indeed - only a woman could find something they're not even looking for! Or do blokes browse whilst waiting in timber merchants too.... ?

Didn't think they were too expensive myself - they're 45p each in timber merchant.

-- Jan

Reply to
mate

If you click on your own link and go up a level there's a whole page of them including a multipack with the following description:- White - Drill Size 8, Screw size 4-6. Red - Drill Size 10, Screw size 7-8. Green - Drill Size 12, Screw size 9-10. Blue - Drill Size 16, Screw size 11-14.

Reply to
James Hart

Well, thanks for all your replies - they are obviously still available. I'll just have to get out and look.

I can see there are a lot of afficionados of normal rawlplugs, but I've always had problems with them not holding, buckling, not long enough, etc., etc. Conditions are never perfect, particularly when you're in a hurry. These strips grip in a far more substantial way, they are very forgiving of poor holes (and most of them ARE pretty poor when you're dealing with ancient stock bricks of varying hardness), and of course they are as long a you want them to be. So much easier to use - you can even trim them to length in situ, and tap them flush to the wall with a light hammer.

In my experience when removing plaster, etc., it's the cut to length plugs that are still firmly in place in the exposed brickwork, whilst your average rawlplug falls out pretty easily.

Reply to
Chris Kaley